Chapter 02 - Return

First day at a new high school

I got nervous, of course. It's not just because I'm starting at Konoha High School, but I'll be seeing my old friends again. How I ended things with everyone was the harshest thing I ever did to them. All because of my father not wanting to stay here anymore due to the press. I didn't want my friends' pity on me moving anyway. However, would they be happy to see me?

"(y/n), are you ready?" Alice said behind my door, knocking before she entered.

"Yeah, just packing up my school supplies," I said, grabbing my backpack.

Alice is taking me to school. She works as a science teacher for 9th graders at the high school. They tried to get her to stop coming to work since she's 4 months in, but she kept refusing. However, she knows she'll have no choice sooner or later. I notice her staring at me.

"What?" I ask her.

"Nothing. It's just that you look too cute in the new uniform," she said, smiling. "If you want, you can hang out with your old friends while I can go straight home-"

I cut her off with my hand up, "No, because three reasons: 1. You're pregnant. You still need a lot of help. 2. You should have taken the last 4 months to sleep and not work. 3. I doubt I'll see my old friends or even if they want to be my friends again."

"(y/n), it's been almost 3 years and they would've most likely understood why you said all those things to them. If they are your friends, they will be happy to see you." Alice said, putting her hand on my shoulder and cheering me up. "Now, come along. We need to get your schedule, and there is no way you're going to be late." We both grabbed our stuff and headed out to school.

Minutes later - Principal's office

"I see, Ms. (l/n), I welcome you to our school," the principal said to me. She handed me my schedule, map of school, and the handbook. I look through the schedule carefully:

1st period - homeroom with Kakashi Sensei from 7:30am to 8:35am

2nd period - art with Kurenai Sensei from 8:40am to 9:45am

3rd period - gym with Guy Sensei from 9:50am to 10:55am

4th period - History with Asuma Sensei from 11:00am to 12:05pm

Junior Lunch - 11:05am to 11:35am

5th period - Science with Orochimaru from 12:10pm to 1:15pm

6th period - Study hall with Mei from 1:20pm to 2:25pm

I recognized most of the teachers' names. They were all our leaders from Camp Battle. I don't remember a Mei or Orochimaru, but hopefully, they're easy.

"Now, any questions before the first bell rings?" Principal Tsunade asks me, and I shake my head in response. "Great. Go now. Don't be late."

I left the office, Alice waited for me outside to finish. "Everything good?" She asked me, and I nodded my head. "Great, let me show you around." She showed me most of my classes here. By the time we hit close to her classroom, we went our separate ways.

The first bell rings, and I looked at the map to find my way back to where Kakashi Sensei's classroom is located. A lot of students are making their way to their classes while I try my best to get past them. Sadly, while I was walking, I could see them looking at me and hearing them whispering about me. As if they already knew that I'm the new kid. It was starting to annoy me until I felt a hand on my shoulder and forced me to turn around.

"Is that really you, (y/n)?..." A boy with yellow hair and marks on his cheeks asks to me.

I frozen in shock that I would run into him first. Then I notice other people walking towards us with the same shocking faces. I remember all of them, and clearly, they remember me. I'm too nervous to say anything. So I nodded at his response. His face brightens up and starts hugging me.