Chapter 16: Calm Down!

Stan rapped his knuckles against the door to Kyle's room, it was the week before finals and him and the dumbass had a project that was due the upcoming Monday, it was Saturday afternoon now, but knowing the redhead, he'd probably already have over half of the thing done even though it was just given to them the day before. He heard a quite 'come in' and so he turned the knob and opened the door only for the sight to make his eyes go wide. The floor was a mess, with soda and energy drink cans, food wrappings, and dirty dishes, not to mention that it smelled like pot. He heard rapid clicking and looking over he saw Kyle sitting at his desk hunched over the keyboard of his computer typing away.

"What the fuck?"

The clicking stopped as Kyle turned his head towards the door, "Stan you made it."

"What the hell happened here?" He asked as he closed the door behind him and walked over to the redhead. He looked like a mess, his hair wasn't in its usual updo, instead, his red curls laid flat against his head and looked oily, his clothes were the same ones he wore yesterday, did he even change, and upon a closer look his eyes had dark shadows under them and they were red and his pupils were wide. He then realized, "Are you high right now?"

Kyle gave him a loopy smile and said, "Helps me think ya know?"

Stan's eyes darted around the room but took note of the bag of weed that was poorly hidden in a pile of clothes next to Kyle's chair, he noticed that it was a different bag than the one he gave him, but the plant inside looked like the new experimental weed Randy and the damn towel had been working on and it hadn't been released to the public yet, wait.

"Is Randy using you as a guinea pig?"

"If that's what you wanna call it then go ahead," he turned his attention back to the screen and started to rapidly type again.

"Dude you don't know what shit that bastard puts in that shit! He puts crack on weed around the holidays for fuck's sake."

He heard Kyle snort, "Yeah right, no one could get away with that, how about we finish this up, it's due tomorrow after all."

Stan could have facepalmed, "How much weed have you smoked? Tomorrow is Sunday."

"Still need to get this done."

The goth narrowed his eyes and stood next to high teen and read the screen, only for his face to contort into confusion as his gaze fell back on to Kyle. "What is this?"

The screen was filled with a mish-mash of words that didn't fit together, there were bits that seemed like they belonged in their project, yet others were way off the mark. He knew getting high messed with the brain, but this... "When did you last sleep?"

Kyle said nothing as he continued to type, but shrugged.

He blinked at the other, "You didn't sleep did you?"

"I slept the other night, I'm fine..."

He sounded like Tweek before he went to rehab when he had one too many of his parents' meth laced coffee. Stan let out a sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose, "Dude take a break."

"Not till this is done."

"It's nothing but rubbish, you can't continue this because from the looks this we're going to start over from scratch."

"I know what I'm doing," the redhead started to raise his voice.

He had to hurry up and deal with him somehow. He had no idea what the weed's effects could have on him, considering how he's seen Randy and Towlie when they try their own new products and it always varied. What else, they could end up bombing on the project and not have enough time to fix it if he kept going, and also if he ended up getting reckless his mother could come in, and from what Kyle's told him, she hates weed and if she walked in while Kyle was making a ruckus then that wouldn't end well. He had to get him away from the computer and calm him down for a nap, gosh he sounded like a babysitter.