54

Dominic and I exited the jet and was welcomed by a widely smiling Jeff, who was standing beside his red Lamborghini. He dapped Dominic as the two made goofy sounds and smiles.

"I haven't seen you in a year, bro!" Jeff smiled.

"Facts, man," Dominic chuckled. "Alyssa must be doing something well though. You look much happier and shit."

Jeff smiled, "Yeah, man, I am. She's honestly amazing. Settling down with her was the best decision I ever made, man."

Dominic chuckled, "Yeah, you're not in any trouble anymore either. Clean slate, happy family, happy life. Congrats man!"

"Thanks," Jeff chuckled. "And congratulations to you on your businesses and finally marrying Summer!" Jeff gave me a quick hug while informing, "I've always said you two would be together!"

I chuckled, "Really?!"

Dominic confirmed, "He really did. I told him when I was 16 that I had the biggest crush on you and I'd pretty much just vent to him about my feelings for you."

"Especially when you were dating peanut head," Jeff chuckled, and Dominic chuckled too.

Dominic then clarified, "He means Duda."

I chuckled, "What's your problem Duda anyways?"

Jeff looked at Dominic and raised his eyebrows, and Dominic sighed and nodded. "Yes! It's been how many years now?" Dominic and Jeff chuckled once more, leaving me confused about what the hell was going on. "One day Dom had finally mustered up enough courage to ask you out. He bought flowers and chocolates and had a whole poem to say to you, but when he saw you in school, you were kissing Duda. He made me swear to never tell you without his permission."

"Damn," I sympathized as I watched a sense of hurt flash in Dominic's eyes. He was apparently still hurt by that day. Little did he know, "At first I was dating Duda to get over the feelings that I had for you. I didn't start liking him a lot until about three or four months while dating."

"Oh wow, Dom. I told you that you should've still told her," Jeff sighed before shaking his head. "What matters now is that you're both together. And you're married to each other! Look at that!" Dominic and I chuckled and connected hands. "We should get going. By the time we arrive at my place, dinner should be prepared. Then, we can find out what type of sick shit is going on and which sick fuck is behind it."

"Bet," Dominic confirmed with a soft nod.

Four hours later

I unlocked my father's laptop, and it opened up to the email that my father had received. Jeff clicked on the person that sent the email and from there, all I knew was that he was clicking letters and numbers on the keyboard. In about a minute or so, he pulled up an organization called Cheri. He then ran a few searches and, after five minutes, pulled up the picture of Lumiere's and Chanel's daughter: Amalia.

"The email both of your fathers received was from Amalia's company," Jeff informed. "But check this: Amalia is married to an Ethan Berwyn, who's actual name is Ethan Trevino."

I frowned, "Is there any relation to Alex T-"

"Yes," Jeff nodded. "He's one of Alex's sons, and check this." Jeff clicked and typed a few things before pulling up a picture. At that point, Dominic's and my eyebrows raised immediately.

Dominic pointed out, "He looks exactly like Tony!"

Jeff chuckled, "Hold your horses. It gets more complicated. Ready?" Dominic and I gave a simple nod, and Jeff typed in something and pulled up an identical picture of the last one he showed. "This is Alex's other son, Anthony Trevino- but you know him as Tony Puccini. Anthony and Ethan are identical twins."

"What type of sick shit is going on?" Dominic frowned. "Why would Lumiere give us information about the case if his family-in law was behind the murder?"

I shrugged, "Maybe he felt guilty."

Dominic thought to himself before pointing out, "We still don't know how we were ambushed, and remember what the tattoo said? Who do we go after?"

Jeff was busy clicking away on the laptop as Dominic and I tried to find answers to our questions.

"Guys," Jeff called out after a few minutes, and Dominic and I directed our attention to him. "So from checking emails between both of your father's, I was able to find out that Alex Trevino had been trying to buy out your families' companies for some time now. I'm hacking Alex's email now. I'll get back to you when I figure out further information."