Chapter 18

This chapter is dedicated to KeefeHunkyhair because you're awesome... and I'm the author so I can dedicate without a reason if I really want to.

The Letters

Dear Dex
I miss you very much, I wanted to explain why in the next few months you may hear about attacks around the city with no injuries to anyone but Neverseen members. You will be glad to know that will be me, well... me and my associates. The reason I never left the Neverseen was because they had threatened Amy, but now after my failure at Everglen they carried out their promise... Amy is gone, you of all people should understand how protective an older sibling is of their younger one so I hope you will understand me when I say I wil not let Amy's death go unavenged. You can't stop me so don't try. I will come back when the Neverseen is dead.

Sophie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Biana

I know you are a bit wary of me now because of what happened at Everglen but I wanted to explain.
The reason I was working with the Neverseen without the use of an ability restrictor was because they had tabs on Amy. They had a charger stationed right in San Francisco, right next door to her I couldn't make a move without them knowing. Sometimes I wish I was a Vanisher like you. After Everglen the charger was given orders to kill my sister, and I failed to save her. When I teleported away at Everglen I went straight to San Francisco and I thought I had her, that she was safe but... she died... and I will not let her death be meaningless.
I'm going to destroy the Neverseen, you can't stop me from doing this so please... don't try.

Your best friend, Sophie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Fitz

When you read this you will probably realize Biana got one too, all of you did. I don't want you and Keefe to fight, I heard what you said at Everglen and at one time I loved you too but now... Keefe has stolen my heart in a way I never felt when I was with you. Don't be angry, this is not a confession of my love for Keefe, this is a goodbye. My sister is dead... she s the reason the Neverseen could keep me in line for so long but now? Now I'm free and they are going to pay dearly for what they have done. Don't come after me, you can't stop me, I'll be back as soon as I can.

Sophie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mom and Dad

I want you to know my leaving had nothing to do with you. I love you both very much and I'll be home as soon as possible. My sister is dead, my only blood relative who remembers me... don't be sad, Edaline. I'm not completely alone, I'm accompanied by a shade and a Guster, and no Grady I'm not going to tell you their names because you are way too overprotective to not run every single test you are authorized to perform on their names. I'm going to avenge my sister's death, and then I'll see you again.

Your daughter, Sophie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Black Swan

Your Moonlark needs to fly solo for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Keefe

I was going to slip a letter under your door, but we both know how that ended up. You know why I'm doing what I'm doing, I'm not going to let my sister die in vain. I love you, no matter what your father says, you are worth everything to me. I want you to keep my Moonlark pendant safe for me. The Lost cities don't need a Moonlark right now... now they need a Direwolf. Please don't try to stop me... because you're the only one who might succeed if you tried.

Love, your Sophie