xii

An hour later, you're standing alone in the training room.

Its chilly and your arms are bare.

As usual, you arrive before Kylo.

You wait for almost ten minutes before he stalks in.

He pulls his mask off quickly.

"Stand on the mats." He says gruffly.

He's obviously upset.

"What's wrong." You ask him. He ignores you.

"Take out your lightsaber." He points to your waist.

"Kylo. What's wrong?"

He ignores your questions.

"Pretend like you're holding the wooden stick. There you go. Feet apart. Elbows up. Back straight. Good. Now ignite your lightsaber."

"Kylo I don't want to fight you if you're upset."

"Well it's good that you're not in charge." Kylo snarls at you.

You flinch but keep in position. If it's a fight he wants, it's a fight he'll get.

Kylo mimics your stance, igniting his own saber. It's a glistening cherry red with two smaller pieces poking out of the hilt to balance the energy of the cracked Kyber crystal.

"Ready?"

You nod.

Kylo swings at you and you dart away, narrowly missing his saber. You duck underneath his outstretched arm and take a swing at him.

Your blue lightsaber is big and bulky but it feels like air in your grasp.

Kylo swings at you again. His eyes are full of crazy energy, begging to be let out.

His swings have become sloppy but he's still better at this than you are.

If you're not careful, he'll cut your arm off.

You begin to fight offensively, driving Kylo backwards.

His eyes harden and his swings become clearer.

His saber grazes your arm and you bite back a scream.

Fire licks at your shoulder and the skin around the wound has become red and bubbly.

You're not focused and Kylo swings at you again. He hits your stomach with the biggest of the three blades and you fall down, screaming.

Your lightsaber rolls out of your hand, turning off now that nobody's holding it.

Kylo drops his own saber and runs towards you.

He kneels down and strokes your hair.

"Oh Astrid. I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking, of course I was going to hit you." Kylo whimpers, brushing a piece of your hair away from your face.

He leans down and picks you up, brushing your shoulder.

You scream in pain and tears dribble down your cheeks.

"Kylo...oh my gods it hurts. Kylo-make it stop." You grab at his cape with your good arm.

Kylo shushes you and he walks out of the training room.

"Go ahead and tell the medbay that they need a room ready for Astrid now. Preferably a private one." Kylo barks to somebody.

You assume it to be a stormtrooper.

Kylo's steps lull you to unconsciousness as you succumb to the pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wake up and realize how cold your legs are.

Trying to peel your eyes open, you focus instead on what you're laying on.

It's definitely a bed, but not yours. The sheets are too stiff.

Finally ungluing your eyes, you realize that you were correct. Well kind of.

You're in the medbay in a private room.

Everything around you is white, except for a sleeping figure in black.

Their head is lolled backwards as they doze peacefully in a chair beside your bed.

"Kylo." You croak, your voice drier than Jakku.

You try to sit up, using your arms to push you up.

A pain shoots through your left arm and you collapse back in the bed. The sound makes Kylo wake up.

He stands up quickly.

"Astrid. Lay back down before you undo all the work the doctors did."

You wince as you crane your head up to look at him. He's maskless and there are dark circles under his eyes.

"What exactly did they do?" You ask.

"They stitched and bandaged you up." He says, indicating your left shoulder.

"Oh."

"Yeah. I hit you while we were practicing. I should've realized I would've been out of control after what happened."

"What exactly did happen?" You ask.

Kylo scratches the back of his neck.

"Snoke told me that I'll be mainly focusing on Annie and Matthew's training, not yours."

"Well that's ok I guess. I'll train in my own or I'll find somebody new, or-"

"But I want you to train with me. You have so much potential Astrid. I don't want it wasted on somebody else. You've come so far so quickly. It's mean almost a month and a half since Yavin 4. You're almost ready to build your own lightsaber."

"A month and a half?" You whisper. You've been away from a Rey for a month and a half?

You almost start to cry. Almost.

"So I'm still training with you?" You ask.

"For right now, yes."

"That's good enough for me." You say.

You're almost positive it's a lie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. I know this chapter is short but I've been having friend problems. People at school are just really toxic. Also, thanks for over 100 reads. This mean sos much to me. Love you guys, mwah🥳🥳

word count: 848