𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

Chapter 17: 
𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

TW: MENTIONS OF CHILD ABUSE AND ANXIETY 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE SIRENS ECHOED FROM BEHIND the car as a ringing rang in the young girl's ears, small whimpers of pain escaping from her mount as she gained consciousness. 

As she moved forward, she could make out the two adults in the front of the car, airbags deployed as the glass rained into the car. 

''Papa?" she called out, reaching for her father who sat slouched against the door, pieces of glass in his hair and across his lap. He was in the driver's seat, hands bruised and bloodies as he breathed heavily, barely awake. 

 ''Baby,'' a pained voice managed to let out. The child's eyes snapped to their mother, eyes barely opened as she turned to look at her daughter, blood running quickly down the side of her face. 

''Mama?" the girl asked, eyes wide as saucers with fear as she stared at her mother who looked completely lifeless. The only thing that told her that she was still alive was the small spark in her eyes. Despite the pain, the echoed in her body, she leant forward to grab her mother's hands.

''My sweet little angel,'' the woman said in a raspy voice, eyes dwindling of life as each second seemed to pass, ''I love you so much,'' she reassured. 

Silent tears ran down both of their faces at this point. (H/C) hair whipped around in the air as the girl looked for help. The red and blue lights were approaching, but there was no attempt to come forth occurring. Where is the help? she thought.

''Just know... it's not your fault, my little genius,'' her mother said hoarsely. A gentle, bloody smile was on her face, almost as if she was accepting her death. All she was meant left to do was say goodbye. Her body violently shook as she coughed up the blood rising in the back of her throat. 

''Mama, no!'' she yelled, but it seemed that her voice just echoed out against the sirens, ignored as the lights shined bright than ever.  Her mother's hand went cold and fell limp in her small hands, bones fading into ashes.

Tears fell harshly as she stared at her mother's withering corpses. Quickly, she turned to father to make sure he didn't share the same fate as his wife. He was already awake. What was different with him from her mother was that his eyes were just closed or halfway lidded. No, they were wide and staring right back her in anger. 

''(Y/N),'' he whispered her name, ''this is your fault.'' The girl flinched back, wide, broken eyes staring at her father who didn't seem to share an ounce of sympathy. ''Papa? What?" she stuttered.

''It's your fault!'' he repeated, hissing the words this time. ''Your fault!'' The words that he spoke became louder, yelling right beside her ears. Desperately, she covered them, only to find the words bouncing around in her head. 

''Stop it, please!'' she begged, finding herself becoming smaller than she was as she father's shadow loomed over her, both surrounded by the black and white cars. The sirens didn't stop no matter what and the officers only laughed with their windows lowered. 

The shadow overhead reached down his mouth right near the girl's ear who now looked ahead, eyes wide with tears. 

''You killed her, (Y/N).''