𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘰'𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬

Chapter 38: 
𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘰'𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

''Fuck you.''

Loki let out a full-hearted laugh as he leaned against the counter in the kitchen. Like usual, he was dressed in a black formal suit, the hunter green tie he wore with it complementing his vibrant eyes. 

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, rolling up her sleeves before she started to make the dough. ''I regret saying you could come here,'' she said to him. 

It was almost completely quiet on the streets at 2 am. The only noises that seemed to be heard were the humming of some of the kitchen appliances and the AC or the engine of a car passing's roar.

Ms. K had asked for the girl to bake some pastries for the next day since there were running low and sweets. Most of the goods they bake had to be pre-prepped, anyway. Besides, (Y/N) didn't mind. 

''I don't think you do,'' the god said, in an amused tone. His voice was close to a whisper even though they were the only ones in the cafe. 

''What are you making?'' he asked, pushing himself off of the counter and making his way over to her as she wrapped the dough in a clingfilm. (Y/N)'s eyebrow's raised at his sudden interest in the food, but shrugged it off. 

''Custard tart,'' she mumbled loud enough for him to hear, her response short and simple. It would seem rude to others, but the god seemed to know what was up. She was just concentrated, so he went silent. 

It seemed to work for a while. (Y/N)'S occasional hums filling the air and sneaking glances at Loki. It stopped as she huffed before she went to go work on the filling. This time, he was looking at her. 

Silently, she walked over to him, not worrying about her messy hands as she grabbed his clean ones, rubbing her fingers over his palms. They weren't too soft or too rough. 

''How good are you with your hands?" she asked, not exactly thinking about the words she said as they came out of her mouth. 

A smirk appeared on his face. ''Well, that depends exactly what my hands are doing to be doing, pet,'' he teased, his voice already dropping down an octave lower. 

(Y/N)'s face flushed, knowing that she had unknowingly walked straight into the one. Touche, she thought as she nudged him in his side, a light laugh coming out of him. 

''Help me make this,'' she said, her tone leaving no room for an objection. This time, it was Loki's turn to cock an eyebrow. ''Why do you need my help, little one?" he asked. 

The girl rolled her eyes at the pet name, sending the god a light glare. ''First of all, I'm not small, you're just tall. Two, aren't you like a god? It'll make my job a lot easier,'' she said, dragging him over to where she previously was.

''It's simple, really,'' she said, using her hands to guide his through the steps with a visual. ''You just have to match sure to watch the clock.'' 

Loki watched as she poured the egg and cream mixture through the sieve in the pastry case. Though she was focused on the words that flowed out her mouth, he couldn't help but let his eyes and mind wander.