𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

Chapter 47:
𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

TW: SEXUAL ABUSE, CHILD ABUSE, CHARACTER DEATH, MENTAL ILLNESS

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE FIRST SWEATER (Y/N) HAD EVER got had been a gift from her mother on her fourth birthday. She grew up in the southern parts of the United States so while she had bipolar weather, it was relatively warm throughout the seasons and the occasional breezes. 

At first, she hated them. A bright pink sweater with grey roses decorating the sleeves was the first one she had. ''It's too girly, '' her four-year-old self would say to her mom who would always just smile.

''You'll learn to love it,'' his mother always then told her. Despite how many times (Y/N) told her mom that she didn't like it, she always found herself wearing the bright pink sweater. Yeah, she stood out like a sore thumb everywhere she went and the sweater hardly matched anything she wore, but wore it nonetheless. 

That same year was when (M/N) started to buy her oversized sweaters and jackets, a request from the young, but intelligent girl. Never went in the girl's section anymore or that frequently, but always the boy's section.

''It's so sexist!'' the four-year-old said loudly in the store, getting looks from adults and employees nearby. 

''Female sweaters are so tight against your skin and they're not baggy like the boy sweaters! It's unfair,'' (Y/N) pouted. (M/N) and Justin shared a look before smiling at each other. "I mean, their jeans get to have pockets!" she complained. "Fake little–"

''She gets it from you,'' Justin said to his wife, placing a kiss on (M/N)'s cheek. The woman rolled her eyes, but the smile was still on her face. ''I'm not ashamed of it,'' she said, sending a cocky smile to her husband. 

After that first year, her closet was filled with sweaters. Some of them were female sweaters that no one really saw her in, (but if you tell that to anyone she'll kill you) but the majority of them were male.

It gave her a sense of security when she was wearing one. Maybe she liked them so much because of sweater paws? Nah, she seemed to do that with all of her long-sleeved tops.

It was rare to see (Y/N) (L/N) without a sweater on. To be honest, it didn't even have to be a sweater. A hoodie or jacket would suffice, she didn't care. If she didn't have it on, it was probably near her or wrapped around her waist. 

The day her mother died, she was wearing a bigger version of the pink and grey sweater she'd gotten her four years earlier. 

She didn't wear it anymore.

It was in her closet back in Louisiana. It was blood-stained with both her and her mother's blood on the cuffs of the sweater. However, no amount of bleach could get the stains out, but she couldn't bring herself to throw it away. She loved it as much as her mother loved seeing her in it. 

At the funeral, the 8-year-old wore a white collared shirt with a black sweater over it, matching her white skirt decorated with black roses. 

(M/N) (L/N)-King loved roses. Especially the black ones.

She'd always tell (Y/N) about her wedding day. Filled with white, red, and black roses. They decorated the ends of her dress and the balloons matched it, making the wedding both formal and aesthetically pleasing. 

''My mom wanted it to be something pink or purple, but I chose red, black, and white,'' (M/N) told her daughter as they walked around the flower garden center she owned. ''Do you know what they mean?" she asked.