𝘱𝘦𝘵 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴

Chapter 70:
𝘱𝘦𝘵 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

NATASHA, FOR ONCE, WAS GLAD THAT Loki managed to be one of Y/N's soulmates. Even though she was a highly trained assassin, it was good to know that he was a living lie detector.

It didn't take long for them to see how slumped over Y/N became when Justin and Rami were out of sigh. It was almost as if all the tension that had caused her was the only thing that was holding her up.

''Sugar?" Steve asked, walking over to her, placing a gentle hand on her cheek. ''Are you okay?"

Y/N remembered that they were still at the front of the restaurant, and many eyes were on her and the team alone, but for once, she didn't care as she sighed, leaning into his touch which caused the supersoldier blush.

No matter how bothered she was, she flashed him a smile and a nod. "I will be. Don't worry about it,'' she tried to reassure, moving his hand away as she took a step back.

Bucky rolled his eyes. "No offense, doll, but your dad seemed like an asshole,'' he scoffed, crossing his arms.

Sam butted in. ''Seemed like an asshole? That dude radiated douchebag vibes,'' the ex-military man fussed.

Bruce picked up on how Y/N seemed to recoil as the two went back and forth about the man she labeled as her father, going on to secretly shove the two in the side.

''Hey! What's the-'' ''It's bothering her, you nutjobs. Let's just not talk about it for now, okay?" the scientist said, letting out a sigh of relief when they did, knowing that just by seeing her a bit distressed brought them back to their senses.

As the group made their way to the limo Tony had calledd, Y/N went over near Loki, tugging on the sleeve of the black suit he wore, making him look down at her.

''What's wrong, darling?" he asked, making her stutter at the use of another pet name. He hid a smirk as she calmed herself down.

''Are you sick or something? I have some Tylenol in my bag if you need it,'' she said, letting go of his arm and started digging around in the small bag she carried with her.

A confused expression was on his face after that. ''I can't catch any of your Midguardian diseases. What are you talking about?" he questioned with a slight head tilt that caused his black hair to move onto his shoulders ever so slightly.

Y/N huffed. ''You've been sneezing a lot. It is summer, so is it a Jotunn thing? We can go back to the tower if it's too hot for you or something,'' she offered, sending him the smallest smile she could muster up for him at the moment.

Oh how the Norns had blessed him with an intelligent, yet dense soulmate, but still, loved her nonetheless. He didn't even know you'd go ahead and to try and learn about his heritage.

The shock must've been written on his face because a small giggle left her mouth when she saw it. "I asked Thor a while back. I was curious at the time,'' she told him.

From over her shoulder, he sent a look over to the rest of the team who were listening in on the conversation. He raised an eyebrow, and when Tony shook his head, there was already a lie on his tongue that was going to come out of his mouth.

''I'm fine, love. Don't worry about it,'' he said, patting her head softly. She pouted, something they all found adorable, but nodded, trusting his word for it.

She mumbled an okay, hopping into the limo, immediately greeting Happy. Somehow, she'd formed a formed relationship with the bodyguard. It surprised Tony and media sources, knowing that he was usually stoic, even with ''friends'' that the billionaire had made.