chapter thirty-seven (END) ♡!

three weeks later

"they're gonna be here soon!!" jimin said, causing taehyung to scream and put on his makeup a little faster.

prom was tonight, and their dates would be there any minute to pick them up.

taehyung was so nervous, he had no idea what jeongguk was wearing and vice versa. he couldn't wait to see his boyfriend.

jimin helped taehyung curl his hair, smiling at him through the reflection of the mirror.

"what?" taehyung asked softly.

jimin wrapped his arms around his shoulders, kissing his cheek repeatedly. "i'm so happy for you tae, you've found someone who loves you for who you are. you deserve it." he whispered.

taehyung blushed, smiling and holding onto jimin's arms. "thank you jiminie." he whispered, looking up at his best friend.

jimin kissed his forehead and hugged him tight. "for so long i felt terrible because.. because you were all alone. and i had yoongi and hoseok, and i knew you were wanting something like that too. even if you tried to hide it. i could see the pain in your eyes. i'm so sorry." he whispered.

"jiminie, don't feel bad. it wasn't your fault. i'll admit i was a bit jealous but you were happy with them, i didn't want to get in the way of that with me moping. so i did what i do best, i stayed positive." tae replied quietly.

"you're so selfless, taehyung. i love you so much. you're the purest person i've ever met, i'm so glad to call you my friend." jimin murmured.

taehyung smiled, his eyes watering. he turned around and hugged jimin properly, burying his face in his neck. "i love you too jiminie, i couldn't ask for anyone else. you've been there for me through everything." he said, kissing his cheek and holding him close.

"i'm gonna start crying, and i just finished my makeup! stop doing things to my heart." he sniffled.

taehyung giggled, pulling away and dabbing at his eyes. "sorry. come on, we have to get dressed!" he said, tugging him out of the bathroom.

jimin laughed, following him out. they quickly changed into their suits. jimin wore a fancy red suit, matching with hoseok and yoongi.