Introduction

A young woman who looks physically and mentally exhausted is slouched up against the wall to a grotty train station. What would you do? You might be now thinking that you would be the person who would ask if she was alright and help her if necessary but so far there have been hundreds of people who have seen this young woman. Some have given her odd looks and others have looked the other way but this young woman has sparked the curiosity of a man. A man who certainly does not have the time to approach her in his busy schedule and has strict orders to stay out of sight. But how can he? This woman could be hurt, in pain or severely ill and no one could have noticed. She might have no one to help her, to love her.

These are the reasons the man gives his publicist before marching his way over. Through the taxis and the pedestrians and the hundreds of pigeons to reach the young woman who is still slumped up against a wall which is coated in graffiti that has gathered over many years. He stands, with his feet firm on the ground looking over her; not intimidatingly but caringly like he is concerned for her wellbeing. “Excuse me Miss.” His beautiful, English accent flows out, “Are you alright?” The young woman looks up at the tall man with hurt in her eyes which are glassy from being near to tears. Having someone asking her if she is alright is all it takes. She starts to cry. “Hush darling.” The man tries to assure but he cannot help the confused emotions that he is experiencing. “My name is Tom Hiddleston and I am here to help you.”

The young woman nods as Tom tries to help her to her feet without attracting attention but she hisses in pain. “My leg.” She complains while looking down at it, “It hurts.” All the noises she makes are of a whisper and Tom finds it very difficult to hear what she is saying as they are in a very busy setting. He sits her down on a nearby bench as gently as he can and pulls his phone out of the inside pocket of his black, leather jacket which he is wearing over a white shirt and dark jeans. Pressing the smart phone up to his right ear he smiles at the young woman as he waits for someone on the other end of the phone to pick up. “Please don’t take me to hospital. I don’t like hospitals.” She squeaks and Tom nods understandingly.

“Hey Luke.” He greets the person on the other end of the phone, “Could you bring the car around….back to the station yes.” He explains through gritted teeth, “I am not getting on the train anymore no because this young woman needs some help.” He hangs up the phone in frustration making the young woman baffled. “Don’t worry. I will help you.”