eight

BB-12 whirs down the hall, and I'm hot on his heels

BB-12 whirs down the hall, and I'm hot on his heels. The docking bay can't be far now, and BB-12 says we're getting close.

The open area of the docking bay is now in view, and it's havoc. Troopers are running around, and the loud alarm from earlier is ringing.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a familiar figure.

"Dameron!" I yell out. He turns and our eyes lock. He stops running and the person behind him runs into him.

I scamper towards them.

As soon as we meet up, we continue to run.

"You were going to leave me!" I yell at Poe.

He gives me a sideways look before yelling back. "No I wasn't! I just didn't have my plan worked out that far. Besides, your Ren loves you. To some degree. Your his sister."

"He's physco!"

"Can we talk about this later?" The person behind us yells. He's got a shrilly voice. It already sets me on edge.

"Fine." I glare at Poe. BB-12 beeps at me feet, and Poe comes to a stop in front of a TIE fighter.

"I can work with this." He says. We all clamber up the stairs to the fighter. There's only two seats, and definitely not enough room for me to sit.

Poe takes a seat in the front.

"Hey, I want to fly it!"

"Let Poe fly it! I don't even trust you!" The other man yells. I glare at him. He's wearing stormtrooper gear. His face is red and sweaty.

"You're the one wearing stormtrooper gear! How should I even trust you!" I say back. "Where'd you even pick this idiot up?" I whisper to Poe.

"He helped me escape. Now find somewhere to sit!" He says to me.

I sigh, and sit underneath the control panel of the TIE fighter. It's a tight squeeze but I've always been small. BB-12 rolls in right next to me, and I put a hand on top of his head, trying to comfort him.

"I've always wanted to fly one of these things." Poe says to no one in particular. "Do you know how to shoot?" He asks, addressing his question to the trooper.

Poe flicks a bunch of switches, waiting for the man to answer, and I'm left to momentarily wonder how he knows how to fly one of 'these things'.

"Blasters, I can." The trooper admits.

" Okay, same principal! Use the toggle on the left to switch between missiles, cannons, and mag pulse, and use the site on the right to aim, triggers to fire." Poe says, as if this is common knowledge.

"This is very complicated." The trooper mumbles.

We lurch into the air, and Poe let's out a whoop. We soar forward, but we're suddenly jerked back.

I go flying forward.

"I can fix this!" Poe says, worry in his voice.

In the back seat, I can hear the stormtrooper shooting the guns. I look out over the control board and see things blowing up, and our TIE fighter spinning crazily.

"I got it!" Poe yells.

The TIE fighter zooms forward, and suddenly I know we're not inside anymore.

"Wow, this thing really moves! All right, we gotta take out as many cannons as we can or we're not going to get very far!" Poe grins. I stick my tongue out at him, knowing full and well that I'm jealous.

"All right!" The trooper yells out happily.

The cockpit turns dark, and I realize we're underneath the star destroyer.

"I'm going to get us in position, just stay sharp." Poe says, his attention on the sky.

"What are we doing?" I hiss at him.

"Quiet Birdy!" He murmurs.

"Up ahead! Up ahead! You see it? I've got us dead centered. It's a clean shot!"

"O-ok! Got it!" The trooper stutters out.

In the back I hear the guns firing again.

Once again, I look out of the circular window. We shoot green darts, and one by one, the canons explode.

"Did you see that! Did you see that?!" The trooper yells excitedly.

"I saw it!" Poe and I say at the same time. I can't help but grin.

"Alright! I'm Poe Dameron, and this Wren Solo. We're with the Resistance! What's your name?" Poe turns around in his seat, and I have to keep from scolding him.

Keep your eyes to the sky Dameron. I say in my head.

"FN-2187!" The trooper says in return. I scrunch my nose up.

"FN...what?" Poe asks.

"It's the only name they ever gave me."

"Well I'm not calling you that. FN hm? Finn. I'm gonna call you Finn alright?"

The trooper, Finn, gets excited. "Finn? I like that, yeah!" He says.

Poe lets out another whoop, and I can't help but smile.

Suddenly, Poe swerves to the left.

"What's wrong?" I ask nervously. BB-12 beeps at my feet.

"Ventral cannon blasts. We're gonna have to maneuver around them." Poe lets out a grimace. "Ones coming towards you! My right, your left! You see it?" Poe yells out suddenly. I jump slightly, scared by his sudden outburst.

"Yeah, yeah I see it!"

I wait a minute, until a hear the familiar sound of a ship firing its cannons.

"Nice shot." Poe comments. We do a quick turn around, heading back for Jakku. I let out a breath. I nearly forgot. BB-8.

"Hold on. Where are we going?" Finn turns around in his seat, bewilderment splayed across his face.

"We're going back to Jakku, that's where." Poe says.

"What? No! We can't go back to Jakku! We need to be out of this system now!" Finn yells. I cringe away from the noise, earning a glance from Poe.

"We have to get this droid before the First Order does!" I fire back.

"What? We're going back for a droid!"

"Hell yeah we are! He's a BB unit, orange and white, one of a kind." Poe says angrily.

"I don't care what color he is! No droid is that important!"

"This one is trooper." I say.

"We need to get as far away from the First Order as we can! We go back to Jakku, we die!" Finn says as if this is common knowledge.

"This droid is the turning point of the war!" I shoot back at Finn. "The droids got a map that leads straight to Luke Skywalker!"

Finn glances back at me.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me! I-" He exclaims.

All of a sudden, the back of the ship seems to erupt. And then we're spinning endlessly. After that, I don't remember much else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I literally had this whole chapter prewritten, I all had to do was copy and paste-

word count: 1127