six

The ship jolts to a stop, and I sit up quickly

The ship jolts to a stop, and I sit up quickly. I struggle to disconnect my hands from each other, and then let out a sigh, remembering.

"Same thing happened to me." Dameron says. He lets out a dry chuckle.

"Where are we?" I ask him. The stormtroopers in the ship turn to look at us, and I guess that's my que to shut my mouth.

Two stormtroopers grab each of us, and pull us up roughly.

Poe struggles to get away from them as they lead him down the ramp.

"Alright, alright." He says through clenched teeth. He walks down the ramp, and stops struggling to look around in awe and terror. I think he forgot how big the First Order really is. What kind of money and power they have. What they can do.

I follow him, but the troopers drag him and I in opposite directions. Fear floods my thoughts.

"No! No, Dameron!" I scream. Poe realizes what's happening and the both of us struggle to get to each other.

"Birdy!" He yells. We're obviously causing a scene but I don't care. The troopers are having a hard time keeping us in their holds.

I fling my hand out, and Poe does the same. Our fingers briefly brush and I let out a cry.

"Poe don't let them take me!" I scream. Tears are streaming down my face. I'm scared. I'm so scared.

"Wren, don't worry. I won't let them hurt you-" Poe begins to say. Before he can finish, a stormtrooper hits him in the side of the head with the butt of his gun.

Poe goes limp and I scream at him. The two troopers holding me are now joined by two more, and they wrestle me back.

I struggle for a couple more seconds, but finally I'm too tired. I go pliant, and the troopers struggle under my weight.

The drag me to some dark room. They sit me down and then leave the room. I'm left with my thoughts and my tears.

Even if I don't particularly like Dameron, the Resistance needs him. I hang my head, and let myself cry. I haven't done this in so long. The last time I remember was when I learned Ben was Kylo Ren. Finally, I lull myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and struggle for a second before I remember.

I sit in some stupid chair. Not an interrogation chair, just a normal metal chair. The kind Mom has in her office.

"Hello Wren." Someone says. I look up and my eyes connect with a mask.

I scoff, tossing my head back.

"Ben."

He flinches back. "How did you know it was me?"

"It's quite obvious. Everyone knows the "infamous"-" I try to make air quotes. That's when I realize my wrists are bound together. Behind me. Great.