twenty six

Mom gathers everyone inside the main office of the old Resistance base

Mom gathers everyone inside the main office of the old Resistance base. I think she's preparing a speech.

Once everyone's settled down, she clears her throat.

"This is what's left." She says. "There are about 100 of us. And we are up against an army."

People around me begin to fidget nervously.

"But we are not on our own. We have connections and allies. We have people who will stand up and fight for what is right. The First Order may be strong, but they do not have what we do. They do not know what it is like to fight for what you love. To fight for who you love. We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down." My mother says.

Her speech is well taken and by the end of it, everyone looks a little more determined.

Mom sighs and runs a hand over her face. "We need a plan. Commander Dameron, do you have any ideas?"

Poe's eyes jump from me to my mother. "...Commander?" He asks. Mom offers him a small smile.

Poe's face lights up for a second before he clears his throat, his lips held in a firm line.

"The First Order knows we're down here. They will not stop until they see us destroyed. We cannot let this happen." Poe says. Everyone nods along with him. "Our first order of business is to get prepared. The next is to close that door."

"On my signal." My mother says. Poe glances at her and nods. "Alright, everyone. On the Generals signal, get ready."

All the Resistance disperse. Poe turns to leave, but I grab his arm.

"What about Finn and Rose?" I ask him. Poe sighs and runs a hand through his hair. He reaches up to twist the chain around his neck.

"They-there's no way they could've made it Wren. I'm sorry."

"We have to hold out hope Poe. They're tough."

"Even if by some small miracle they made it off of Snoke's ship, unwounded no less, they wold have no way of coming down to us. I'm sorry Wren." Poe says. He cups my face and pulls me towards him. He plants a kiss on my forehead.

I nod slightly. Poe turns and walks away, prepping himself for what's to come. I sigh. Someone places a hand on my shoulder.

I jump slightly but find it only to be my mother.

"Walk with me will you?" She asks. I nod and follow her out of the office. We both walk to the front of the base, just barley behind the door.