eighteen

As soon as Poe and I get Finn dressed, we're called back up to the bridge for a meeting

A group has gathered around the holotable, deciding our next move.

"Wow, we're really nowhere. How's Rey going to find us now?" Finn asks, circling the table. I stand with my arms crossed next to Poe. He's leaning forward and slightly away from my mother. You could cut the tension between them with a knife.

In response to Finn, my mother holds up her wrist. Around it is a blue glowing bracelet. Finn's eyes light up.

"A cloaked binary beacon?"

Mom smiles. "To light her way home."

"Alright. Well, until she comes back, what's the plan?" Poe asks.

"We need to find a new base." Mom states.

Commander D'Acy speaks up. "One with enough power to get a distress signal to our allies scattered in the Outer Rim."

Something red and beeping appears on all of our monitors.

"Proximity alert!" General Ackbar yells.

"They found us." I say, worry in my voice. "How?"

"That's impossible!" Poe says. He runs to one of the bridge's many windows. He stares for a few seconds before turning back to us. Fear is splayed across his face. "It's Snoke's ship. You've gotta be kidding me. Can we jump to lightspeed?"

Connix speaks up. "We have enough fuel for just one jump."

"Do it. We have to get out of here." Poe says. He walks over to Connix's station and leans over her shoulder.

Connix taps a couple buttons, but my mother holds up her hand.

"Wait. They tracked us through lightspeed."

"That's impossible." Finn says breathlessly.

"Yes. And they've done it." Her mouth is firmly shut, but I know she's worried.

"So if we jump to lightspeed they'll just find us again, and we'll be out of fuel." Poe says, realization dawning on him. "They've got us."

"Not yet they don't. Admiral, spin us around!" My mother shouts.

"Reverse! Rotate the shields!" General Ackbar orders.

Before anyone can do anything, something screams by the main windows. Everyone is the room immediately ducks.

I straighten up and catch sight of what it was. Three ships. Two TIE fighters and Ben's personal one. Deadly looking.

I feel anger begin to boil up in me, and I walk out of the bridge, heading for the docking bay.

Someone grabs my arm and I spin around.

"Wren where are you going?" Poe asks.

"To blow him up. He killed my father." I say.