fifty seven

I'm sinking, down, down, down, and the first thought that crosses my head is when is this going to end?

I get my answer shortly after when I fall and someone catches me bridal style. I turn to see Poe. I jerk back, shocked and he nearly drops me.

Once I get over how we're still alive, I grab his scarf and pull him towards me. Our lips crash together, and he stands there, kissing me like there's no tomorrow.

Somethings falls down besides us and I look over to see Chewie. Poe places me on my feet gently.

Rey walks over to us, both BB unit's trailing after her. "Where's Finn?" She asks.

"I'm ok!" We hear Finn yell.

"Ah. Master Finn." C3PO says in relief.

"What is this place?" I ask, looking around. I can barely see anything.

"This isn't the after life is it?" 3PO asks. I roll my eyes. "Are droids allowed here?"

Finn walks over to Rey, Poe, and I. We all wrap our arms around each other. "I thought we were goners." Finn says.

"We might still be." C3PO says, ever the voice of pessimism.

"Which way out?" Poe asks.

Rey takes a step forward and pulls out her lightsaber. Or, Uncle Luke's lightsaber. She ignites it, filling whatever cave we're in with blue light.

Poe steps ahead of her and flicks on his flashlight. It's nothing compared to the saber. I stifle a giggle as Poe glances down at his flashlight sadly.

"We have to hurry." Rey says. She and Finn turn around and begin walking in the opposite direction.

Poe throws the flashlight up in air and catches it. He glances over at me. "I was worried." He whispers.

"You always are." I say. I reach down and squeeze his hand three times. He offers me a weak smile, before joining the others.

"So what was it?" Rey asks.

"What?" Finn says.

"What you were gonna tell me."

"When?"

"When you were sinking in the sand, you said 'I never told you-'"

Rey and Finn both stop walking, and Finn places a hand on Rey's shoulder. "I'll tell you later."

"You mean when Poe's not here?" Poe asks angrily. I can tell he's hiding his hurt. He pushes past the two and I follow. "Yeah?"

"And Wren." I call back in a sing song voice.

"Mhm. We're gonna die in sand burrows and we're all keeping secrets?" My boyfriend says.

"I'll tell you when you us about all that shifty stuff you do." Finn says. Chewie growls in agreement.