forty one

It was a struggle to slip past Poe, Finn, and Rey

It was a struggle to slip past Poe, Finn, and Rey. They're sprawled everywhere. The three of them volunteered me to take the couch, and I'm realizing why. It's uncomfortable as hell.

As I shift around for what seems like the millionth time that night, I catch a glimpse of bright moonlight filtering through a window.

I sit up. Pushing the blanket off of me, I stand up carefully, making sure I don't step on any hair or hands.

I creep over to the kitchen which is bathed in the silver moonlight.

I lean against the old, rusty sink in the kitchen. There's a small port sized window in this room, and I stare up at the one moon Coruscant has. It's a pretty white color, and it drifts into view every so often.

As I'm staring, someone knocks on the doorframe. I turn and see Poe.

"Hi." I say cautiously. I lean backwards on the sink, the counter cutting into my back.

"We need to talk." Poe says. He steps into the kitchen.

"Yeah. We do." I say.

It's silent for a moment.

"Look Wren. I'm really sorry about not telling you. I just have a difficult time telling people about that part of my early life. I don't want them to think of me differently."

"Oh Poe." I whisper, stepping forward. We're closer than we have been in a while. "I get it. And I'm sorry. You don't know everything about me, and that gives me no right to explode on you like that. I'm sorry." I say.

Poe reaches down and grabs my hand. "So we're good?"

I nod. "We're good."

Poe lets out a dry laugh. "Thank the Forces."

He leans down to kiss me and I let him. I'm eager for this, I've been waiting for this. I kiss him hungrily until he pulls away.

"Wren I-" He starts. I pull back and press my finger to his lips.

"Not here. Not now." I say. In reality, I'm scared to hear those words come out of his mouth.

Poe nods and settles for kissing me playfully.

I sigh happily and pull away from him. "We need sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day."

Poe nods and the two of us walk back to the living room. I collapse on the couch and am out like a light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I wake up on my own. A bright patch of light is shining into my eyes. I sit up groggily and wipe at my eyes.

Rey, Finn, and Ahsoka sit around the holotable. They're talking quietly.

"Good morning." I say with a yawn. They all turn to look at me.