fifty

After sitting around the Dejarik holotable and mourning, I head up to the cockpit with Chewie

After sitting around the Dejarik holotable and mourning, I head up to the cockpit with Chewie. He seems to have been waiting for me because he lets out a happy growl at the sight of me.

I've wrapped myself in Ahsoka's cloak. I sit down in the seat beside him, and stare

at the ever present tunnel of star zooming past.

"Hey Chewie. How close are we?" I ask.

Ajan Kloss is a jungle moon located in the Outer Rim.

I sigh. "Of course. The Outer Rim."

It's silent as Chewie presses a couple buttons on the dashboard.

"Wasn't Onderon in the Outer Rim?" I ask.

The opposite end. Chewie growls.

I roll my eyes. "Of course. Just our luck. What system is it in?"

Sector. Chewie corrects. And it's the Cademimu sector. Ajan Kloss orbits the planet Ajara.

"And it's a forest moon right?"

Chewie growls out a yes.

"So we're just jumping from one forest to the next."

At least it's safe.

"We thought Onderon was safe and look where that got us." I say sourly. I pull Ahsoka's cloak around me tighter and brush a piece of hair away from my neck.

I momentarily forget the lightsaber wound and my fingers brush the burning and puckered skin. I yank my hand back, and bite down on my lip to keep from screaming.

Even so, a trickle of sound escapes from my lips.

Chewie glances over at me worriedly.

"I-I'm fine. Just get us to Ajan Kloss. They'll have better medical attention there." I say. I stagger out of my seat and drop Ahsoka's cloak to the ground.

I walk over to the Dejarik table to find Lula and Connix locked in a game.

"I need help." I say.

Lula glances up. "With what?"

I point to my neck. "I also have a blaster wound as well. I just need them looked at until we get to Ajan Kloss. They'll have better-" I'm cut off my a throbbing in my neck.

The pain was easier to ignore in a fight, but now it's all I can think about.

I lean forward, both hands in the middle of the Dejarik game.

Connix shuts the holotable off and she and Lula help walk me over to the Falcon's makeshift medbay.

They lead me over to the cot and I sit on the fabric, leaning my head against the metal wall. It cools my burning neck.