thirty three

Poe and I sit across from each other in the makeshift lunch room

Poe and I sit across from each other in the makeshift lunch room. We have it all to ourselves seeing as everybody else is working.

I have my legs on top of Poe's and we're both doubled over laughing.

BB-8 and BB-12 roll around the table, chasing each other. They've created a tight bond. Who would've thought?

Poe grins while he laughs.

I smile at him and study him.

"I like your laugh." I blurt out. I slap a hand to my mouth. I cannot believe I just said that.

Poe stops laughing and settles for a smile. "I like yours too."

I glance down at the table, my uneaten soup cold by now.

"What's wrong?" Poe asks. He's confused by my sudden silence.

"Last night." I say. "Actually, never mind. I don't want to do this now, ruin this moment."

Poe leans forward and touches my hand.

"Wren. Tell me. You're not ruining anything. I want to help you, I don't want you to feel alone."

I glance at him. Force he's so cute. I shake my head, scattering my thoughts.

"Just...please don't get mad."

"That's what you said to me when I told you I beat up Braiden." Poe says with a smirk, running his hand up and down my leg.

I shiver slightly at his touch.

"My brother-" I start. My throat becomes dry. "Ben. He-he's been contacting me. It first happened when you were rounding up people for the Raddus. Then right before you showed me Onderon. And yesterday night, it happened twice. He tried to use his Jedi mind tricks on me the first time. The second, he stabbed me with his lightsaber. It didn't hurt at all because it was a Force projection. But I woke up this morning with a scar right where he hit me. I don't know why this is happening. Or even how. I'm not a Force user! I'm just a pilot." I say. I stir my spoon around my soup. I single tear drops down my face and I wipe at it angrily.

I look up at Poe. His mouth is set in a firm line.

"I'm so sorry Wren. I swear to you, I will help you get to the bottom of this." He says.

"Thank you." I whisper, briefly closing my eyes. We sit like that for a couple minutes before I push my chair back.

I stretch my arms above my head.

"I need to fly." I say.

Poe stands up as well and grins.

"I never thought you'd say that. Alright! Let's go." Poe says.

We both run to our X-wings. Our droids hoist themselves up and I slip my helmet over my head. Poe does the same and within seconds, we've left Onderon's atmosphere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I'm in the air, I visibly relax. I've always felt at home in the sky, the stars wrapping me in their warm embrace.

I'm flicking switches in my cockpit when Poe lets out a whoop.

"Ohh yeah. There's an asteroid field up ahead." He says, his voice crackling over the comlink.

"Poe Dameron, do not. Do you want to know how pilots die? It's by flying into asteroid fields...for fun."

I hear both BB-8 and BB-12 beep in agreement.

"Hm. Don't lie, you love my recklessness. And you love flying so we're going in."

I roll my eyes and let out a laugh over the comlink, spinning my X-wing over Poe's. He darts forward, and once I've settled, I follow him.

We weave in between asteroids, just barely missing them.

Poe slams on his accelerator and goes flying towards a giant hunk of rock. He slows down at the last second and pulls up quickly.

His X-wing doesn't even skim the asteroids surface.

"Show off." I mutter. BB-12 lets out an impressed beep. "Hey! Whose side are you on?" I ask the droid.

I push my X-wing forward, performing the same move Poe did.

"Ha." I say smugly.

"You know you're cute when you're flying." He says.

"You can't even see me."

"Well, I'm imagining."

I pause briefly. "I'm pretty sure you're not imagining me in an X-wing Poe Dameron."

"Damn. You caught me." He says sadly. BB-8 lets out a disgusted beep.

I burst into a fit of laughs.

"Anyways, who knew you could preform the backwards tailslide." Poe says.

"Dameron, I think you often forget that I was on your squadron. And not only that, Han Solo was my dad. And not only that, besides you, I'm the best the Resistance has."

Poe lets out a chuckle. "Alright, alright. You got me."

We continue to weave through the asteroid belt until we finally reach the edge. Hidden from view by the belt is a small planet.

"Wonder what's down there?" I ask.

Over the comlink, I hear Poe pressing buttons.

"The air is breathable." He says. "We could land if you want."

"Oh no. I don't think we should. We've already been away for too long. Besides, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves." I say nervously.

"Come on. It'll be a quick trip. We could scope out the planet, see if it has anything useful. And, you can count it as a date because I know you haven't been on one of those in a while."

"Excuse me!" I say, my X-wing already heading to the surface of the planet. "You better hope we don't land so I don't beat the crap out of you!"

I can almost hear Poe's smirk.

"You'd never hurt me Birdy."

"Wanna try me Dameron?" I ask.

Our X-wing land side by side, and I hop out. I throw my helmet into the cockpit and stalk over to Poe's ship.

He jumps out, and his feet hit the ground with a soft thump. He grins at me.

I smack his face playfully as soon as he gets in range.

"Guess what? I just hurt you. On purpose." I mock him.

Poe grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him.

"This is not how a date should go." He smirks.

He leans down and kisses me roughly.

"That's how a date should go." He says once we pull away.

I grin up at him. "Pretty good date."

"It's not over yet." Poe says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My favorite star wars scenes are the X-wing ones and idk why. they're just wholesome

word count: 1079