Thunderstorm

As kids we all have our fears. It could be actual fears that we will all have to face some day or it's the kind where you soon grow out of it, or you don't.

Some kids are afraid of clowns, heights, monsters being underneath there beds, or in Nicks case thunderstorms.

With every kid, they don't exactly know why they are scared of thunderstorms, but they just are.

Nick hated them so much, he hated how loud they were and his imagination always got the better of him.

With each flash of lighting he thinks or imagines a person or monster is going to be standing in his room.

But he knew that wasn't the case, so why was he still scared?.

Nick almost always woke up with the shakes and on the verge of a panic attack.

So what made this night any different?.

Nick woke up to a loud boom of thunder and lightning filling up the room. He curled into his blanket and tried to go back to sleep but it only seemed as if the storm grew louder and angrier.

Nick had started to cry and tried to bury his head into his pillow. He knew getting this upset wasn't good for his diabetes but he couldn't stop.

Pretty soon though it had gotten to be to much so he sat up and sobbed. He hugged his pillow to his chest and just let his cries fill the room.

It wasn't long before his door creaked open and two silhouettes came into his room.

He sat there and cried still, feeling both of his brothers sit on either side of him.

He was shaking so hard, so Kevin gently pushed nick back until he was laying in between both brothers.

Nick curled up into Kevin's side and cried whilst Joe grabbed nicks blanket and covered all three of them up.

Both Joe and Kevin found this as a routine while nick was younger and they kept to it.

After awhile nicks cries would lessen and the storm that raged on outside would just turn into a downpour that hit against the window.

Nick would eventually fall asleep curled into his older brothers and sooner or later all three of them would fall asleep in nicks bed.

There parents didn't mind one bit seeing as they never usually hear nick crying. But they got used to it because every morning when it was time to wake up, they were all crammed in one another's small bed.

Storm or no storm at all.

~Years Later~

The storm outside seemed unforgiving. Lightning flashed across the dark sky while the wind rushed and threw anything in its path.

The thunder grew louder and louder while the rain hammered on the ground.

This storm was probably the loudest everyone had heard in years and to say that it didn't scare some people was a lie.

Priyanka laid in bed fast asleep but was quickly awoken by a giant Boom of thunder. She wasn't so much as afraid of the storms but she did know someone who was.

The thunder carried on and the lighting danced across there room brightening it just enough for Pri to see a very upset looking nick.

Pri sat up in bed and looked over at nick who was buried under his pillow and from the looks of it crying.

She felt her heart sink, she never wanted to see her nick this way.

She got angry at the storm but she knew there was little she could do.