14 | who is the boss?

•

Joanne clicked her mouth shut to avoid yawning, her first day had passed vividly in a boring manner and she couldn't remember the lessons. Some students were trying to get her attention, but they failed miserably as she didn't care, they weren't Beomgyu, were they?

The sun was slowly hiding at 5 in the afternoon, their last Prof had already left for dismissal. Joanne was rather excited to go home, she now understood why young people hated school so much, it was physically draining and tiring.

But even after the school day ends, she needed to look for possible suspects that could hurt her mission, and she needed to talk to him for that- because mostly, the ones who would hurt and betray you are the ones who are closest to you.

Her eyes pierced across the room to see Beomgyu carefully and silently keeping his stuff, she waited for him to stand up and leave but he didn't. Not when everyone crowded the hallways with chattering noises, it annoyed Beomgyu so much.

The students inside the room became less and less, and Joanne just sat them while staring at the latter's back. She huffed, is he waiting for night time to leave? What is he? A superhero? She thought, but immediately erased that thought when Beomgyu stood.

Joanne raised her eyebrows, "Yah, student with a briefcase!" She called out, her voice raising at the sign of authority. She tilted her head when Beomgyu slowly turned to her with a confused look, and pointed himself.

She scoffed, "Ofcourse you! Who would bring a briefcase here? It's just you, right? Not me." She gave an innocent look to pretend that she didn't insult him indirectly. Beomgyu glared, this girl got guts. He thought as she watch her stand and throw her bag at her back, marching towards him, almost looking like a bully.

Joanne wasn't sure what to say, but the show must go on because she started it. The prolonging silence in the room resulted to intense eye contacts once again, and yet again ended when she reached him. She sat at the table near him, raising her head asserting dominance.

Beomgyu didn't understand what she was doing exactly, he's confused and annoyed at the same time. He watched as Joanne crosses her legs, leaning back as she raises her glasses towards the top of her head. She looked so dangerous to his eyes, with her confidence and plastered smirk.

These are the people Father wanted me to be, someone who's confident enough to own power. He thought, making him chuckle out of the blue. And I am a Choi, I am that someone. Beomgyu stood firm and also tilted his head to smirk, gone was the innocent boy infront of Joanne.

Okay, what the fuck was that, that was cool. She thought, making her look away from his gaze, she was surprised at the sudden change of the boy's aura. I can't lose. She looked at him and smiled, she bit her lower lip when Beomgyu suddenly scoffed.

"If you called me because of that damn project, don't worry, I'll be the one to make it." He smiled and turned away but stopped when Joanne spoke.

"And then what? You take all the credit? No thank you, dear mocoso." Joanne replied with a giggle, liking how Beomgyu suddenly glared at her. "Did you just call me brat?" He questioned, smirking in disbelief.

The girl seated leaned on with a nod, "So what? You offended?" She teased, raising her brows up and down. Beomgyu huffed and leaned too, making her lean back, "Vete a la mierda, perra." Fuck you, bitch. He whispered making her mouth fall.

"Who taught you that?! You're a kid!" She exclaimed, panicking at the words she had heard. What the fuck? Did that just happen?! She thought, her eyes still widened. It was still day one of meeting him and she saw a different side, already, how could that happen?

Joanna bit her lower lip when Beomgyu chuckled but immediately turned serious, "A kid? Are you joking?" Beomgyu gave her an unbelievable look. "I'm a delightful child and student." He says, smiling widely before scoffing with a smirk.

"That doesn't mean I'm a delightful person." Joanne was speechless.

This Beomgyu was not the boy she expected, he wasn't the boy in her file! He was very different, where was the innocent papa's boy?! Instead she got the scary foul-mouth motherfucker. She sighd deeply, she can't lose, she couldn't! Her raging pride was on the line, and she'll do anything to save it.

She softened her face and smiled sweetly, "So you are a boss." She softly says, making Beomgyu look at her in a confused manner. She then reached for his right cheek, pinching it. "Cute." She smirks, cooing him.

Beomgyu widened his eyes at the sudden action, he was too bewildered that he didn't notice that the girl had pushed him away and walked out. He facepalmed in frustration, he could feel himself burning because of frustration.

###