29 | oh-so high

Hussey stopped eating when she felt a presence near her. She sighs, "Go ahead." She said without batting an eye. Jisung and Yedam sat beside her, Hyukai infront of her with Samuel.

After that lunch, they had been insisting to eat with her, although some days they weren't complete because of the difference of their schedules. She was getting used to it, their chitchats, their inside jokes, and even their gossips. Yeojin, Samuel, and Yedam have gained courage to talk to her, although she only replied short answers.

She was annoyed by it, she was annoyed how they constantly try their best to let her feel she belonged when the last thing she wanted was to get attached. She knew that everything is temporary, nothing will stay the same no matter what they do, but regardless of accepting it, she was still human, she can feel attached even if she doesn't want to.

Friday came. There was something in her mind, she wasn't really bothered by it... she was just curious- and no way will she ask about it. A week had gone by, and looking for possible soon to be murderer was easy for her, she also made sure that Hyukai was safe.

"Kai, is Yeojin gonna eat with us?" Jisung asked in the middle of their lunch, Samuel and Yedam looked at the called lad who shook his head. "She can't right now, their Senior called for a meet-up to discuss about their papers." He said without sparing a glance.

Hussey tilted her head, she actually didn't notice that their only girl wasn't with them, if Jisung didn't mention it, there was no way she could know. Yedam gave a sigh, "I still can't believe she'd go for Med. She could have taken Engineering with us." He whined, his words ending with his lips pouting.

"I know right, Mr. Kim is such an asshole." Jisung exclaimed while slowly shaking his head. He then took a tissue then crumpled it, "And you! If you only chose Engineering, she would've took it too like that girl she is!" He says ans threw it.

Hussey's face remained blank, she stopped eating as her face slowly crumpled. She raised her head to look at the latter infront who gave her a glance then proceeding to huff at Jisung. Engineering. Business Ad. It's not the same. For fuck's safe it's not even near to same!

"Why is that?"

They stopped the mini-tissue war when Hussey suddenly asked, she tilted her head to look at Jisung who gulped, not easily enduring her sharp eyes. "E-Eh?" He stuttered and tried to look at her, it was pretty strange for him. He had messed and joked with her, he already had courage talking to her- but he just couldn't stare back! He felt like he didn't have rights to stare.

She didn't remove her gaze from him. "Why didn't he take Engineering with you?" She questions as if the one he asked about wasn't infront of her. Hyukai almost choked hearing her question, he scoffed at the part that she didn't ask him directly. Jisung looked at Hyukai with a tiny giggle, "Why don't you ask him? He's literally sitting across."

Hussey's sharp gaze moved to him who was escaping her stare, she gave a sarcastic smile. "I don't think I can, he won't even acknowledge my presence." She gently said, that gentleness made them feel shivers, they could feel that she didn't take it lightly with Hyukai not talking to her for the past days.

Hyukai huffed. He wasn't drunk, he was sure of that. He's sober as fuck and having the courage to get pissed at her just doesn't sit right. He took a deep breath when Hussey raised her two arms and put it on top of the table, she interlocked her fingers and put her head above it, still looking at him.

He couldn't do anything but to stare. He could hear his heartbeat and the burn on his ears. He couldn't describe what he was feeling, it's somehow between confusion, annoyance, and disbelief. He clicked his mouth, "What do you want to ask?" He spat out, silently celebrating he didn't stutter.