45 | coincidence

A/N: hI IM FINALLY BACK ANDBNEBFBEBRBWBSBDBEE SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT HUHUHU

Anyways, we're halfway the book 🗿 so yehey! ig? Lolol, enjoy reading!!! <3

Taehyun watches as Judy walk away from his side. The mentor had just ended their rehearsal for the showcase after that day, they had been preparing for it for days and for it to finally happen somehow comforted him.

A week with Judy has been very awkward for him, especially by how he gets caught off-guard to almost every session. When they dance, it seemed like they were friends and would eventually sync with each other, they communicate when only necessary and after that, pure silent treatment.

He didn't mind tho, the silence when they dance without music calmed him down— also she didn't seem to be uncomfortable with intimacy for the show, it was nerve-wrecking for him to overthink about it, yet he slowly brushed it off as Judy didn't look like she gave a damn.

She wasn't even awkward with physical and eye-contact! He knew Judy said that smusic wasn't important to her, but when they practice, he could feel her determination and sincerity which was complete irony to her words.

He sighs, walking to the other end to open his water jug. Thinking about it.. He thought, his mind processing about what really happened between them and why.

I guess.. it started with that misunderstanding? The voice inside his head mumbled, trying to remember all those stuffs he said. He only dwelled into that subject after many days of trying to get away with it, not because he was afraid, but because he really couldn't understand what happened.

If Judy weren't his partner for this duo dance, he wouldn't even consider thinking about it... I guess— No. Even if we weren't partenered, everything happened before the announcement so I doubt it. He thinks, his eyes staring at the girl's back who was stretching to cool down.

It was the very first time for him to actually be treated like that, he feels very fucking dumb when he talks to her as he misundertands Judy most of the time. He wasn't prone to logical question, was he?
Judy's words are like an indirect slap to the face, backhanded compliments in which you feel shame even without understanding it.

He doesn't understand a part, yet he knows he was wrong for some of it. Being independent was never wrong, is it? He always had received compliments about that part of him, it was his fuel to keep and going, it was like branches of wood thrown to his burning passion... everyone were branches of wood for him.

But Judy... she was like water that took it off, cooled it off, she was a fire extinguisher, and he doesn't understand why.

He took a deep breath. No matter how long he thinks about it, he would just keep coming back to his own ideas, his own side that would lead to more misunderstanding. So before it could get any worse, he had one thing in mind that might actually make it better for them.