47 | the spot

A/N: LOLOL HI HERE'S AN UPDATE ABDUWNDJSJD

"So... aren't you gonna start?"

Julia raised her brows when Lucy flinched when she started talking. She was spacing out and was weirdly quiet when she called for a meeting at midnight.

"Why did you call for a meeting... this late?" Hussey says, face stoic. Joanne creased her forehead when she noticed that the lass was acting unusual, at times like this, she would have cursing and mocking Lucy for being quiet and waking her up. But seeing her face, she looked like she didn't even sleep!

She sighed and looked away when Hussey met her gaze halfway. It was understood that they were gonna go through complications in handling such long-term missions, but they were given the advice to keep it low as much as they can. Well, shit sherlock, I wasn't in the low! Joanne thought, her teeth gritting.

It has been four days since Beomgyu found out, and he was clearly avoiding her, he wouldn't even look at her inside the classroom... She used the 'project' reason a couple of times but every time she would strike up a conversation, it would be then shut off. She wanted to threaten him about the grades but she didn't want to make matters worse than it already is, making him mad wouldn't help.

She was mentally screaming inside, she planned to tell Lucy about it that morning; yet fate really loves to play, does it? It was like she was pushed to tell them as soon as possible, with everyone present! She wanted o discuss it with their Leader, and if unable to lay plans, Julia would get involved. And forget it, so what if she hears about it? I'm ahead of her anyways. She thinks, now certain she would say it.

"Lucy, Julia, Judy... Hussey." She calls out, a hand raised as she gulped. The four of them diverted their attention to her, Julia raised her brows, a small smile plastered on her face. "What is it, Joanne?" Judy answers, she looked like she was in a good mood even when she was woken up from her slumber.

Joanne groans again, "Code red. Beomgyu found out..." She simply lets it out the fastest she could. She bit her lower lip when Julia widened her eyes with Judy, Lucy's stare pierced right thru her and Hussey looked away. She was almost sure that Hussey was smirking at this. She shook off the idea and sighed.

"He found out last Monday, I got carried away and forgot to keep my files... He saw it on the motorbike." She explains, brief and short. Julia facepalmed, then looks at Lucy, waiting for her to say something. Judy remained staring at her, lips pursed, she looked annoyed now. "What?! Why were you so reckless?!"

"I just got carried away--"

"That won't do, Joanne! What will the Heralds say about it?! You're gonna lose the spot!"

"I won't, okay! I'm confident about it... And... Can't we just say anything about it? Beomgyu... h-he's fine about it! I can still do my mission even if he finds out!" She says. Fine my ass, he basically threw a rampage when he found out.

Judy raised her brows, "What do you mean he's fine about it?! Young men have their ego above their heads, it wouldn't be fine for them to have a lady protect them from harm! They're that prideful!" She exclaims, her furrowed brows moving as she grimaced. "What the fuck, Joanne? Are you not taking this seriously because you're confident in inheriting your mother's position?" She asks, hysterical and almost screaming.

Joanne hissed. "So what if I am? We know damn well I'll have that spot one way or another!"

"Yes, we do! But what are the odds of you repeating her mistake--"

"Judy. Shut it." Lucy interfered at their conversation, she looks at Hussey who was looking down, calm and unbothered. Joanne scoffed at Judy, the girl facepalming at her insensitiveness. At the attempt of avoiding the topic they were heading on, Lucy clicks her mouth. "You see... Yeonjun got kidnapped awhile ago when we were together..." She says, her sighs unending while explaining the events.

"Uh... something happened that caused me into almost killing someone in-front of him. He's currently home right now, he suffered some injuries... And I won't even hide it, I feel like he'll found out sooner or later." She stares at them, eyes cold-blooded and serious. Judy gave a loud huff, Julia shakes her head, Joanne looked shocked, and Hussey just stared at them.

"For fucking sake, Lucy... what are we going to do with them?"

"We've got more time in our mission here, and basing from the Clause 37 of The Handbook, we've got to finish this whatever happens, most importantly this is a special request... So if we report this to the Heralds right now, the sentence may or may not be minimized, depending how it all ends. If we keep this until we're finished, the sentence would nullify if we were able to succeed. But seeing how our performances are heading... We're going for the first plan, and we will try to reestablish a good foundation with the boy to make it easier to succeed. Hear me, Joanne?"

Joanne sighs, her hand saluting to their Leader, "Yes, A-LUCY."

"Do me a favor and take this seriously... Do it for the renewal of the system, you do remember what you promised me, right?" Lucy asks, her eyes never leaving Joanne's. The questioned girl looked at Judy and Julia, and then to Hussey, exhaling a deep breath. "Copy that."

"Great. Hand me your written this morning, as soon as possible." Lucy stands, stiff and serious. Julia raised her brows, "And where are you going? We aren't done scolding you yet."

The lass raised her hand while walking away, "I'm gonna check what happened to the boys I massacred, and also to stand as witness for someone... who died. Maybe I'll visit Yeo--" Lucy stopped talking upon opening the door that led outside, her brows furrowed seeing a familiar car parked outside. Peeking from the inside the gates, she scoffed. "Hussey! Why is Kai standing outside our gate?"

"Huh?" Hussey jolted from where she was sitting, rushing outside. There, she sees Kai standing outside, patiently looking at her opening it. He looked serious and in-thought, he then greets with a small smile, "What are you doing here? It's 3 AM!" Hussey widens her eyes, Kai took a deep breath.

"We need to talk..."

"Huh?"

"I know who you are... and I know about the system..." He says, staring at her horrified eyes. He breathes out, "Let's talk about it... please?" He whispers in a hushed tone, he looked tired and wary.

Hussey blinks abruptly at his plead, still processing what he just said. Kai looked sleepy yet serious, "Please? I've been waiting..."

###