55 | worth it

Julia clicked her mouth at the sight of the message on the screen, she purses her lips realizing the doom they were yet to face

Julia clicked her mouth at the sight of the message on the screen, she purses her lips realizing the doom they were yet to face. Taking a deep breath, she knew it was for the best. It was humanity over lashes.

It has been days since Soobin found out about the whole agent thing, not only he was speechless, he also became distant. Although he let Julia hang around him, he remained quiet most of the time. He also kind of stopped going to parties as much as he did, if it was because he knew his life was in danger, it would've been better. But no. Julia thought it through, and she thinks he stopped the frequent visits to the club because he didn't wanna be around her too much.

She understood this. She understands that Soobin was just doing his best to cut ties and was probably still shocked about it, but even if it was understandable and valid, it scared Julia of what might be in his mind. Where did the straightforward Soobin go? She thought, a sigh escaping her mouth once again.

The whole mansion was silent, she knew Joanne was with Beomgyu, and Judy was probably in the company, Hussey wasn't seen since she left at 8 AM, and Lucy? God knows where the girl was. Sun setting reflected on the glass walls beside the chandelier, Julia didn't have the mood to turn the lights on.

Laying on couch and staring at the ceiling was her new routine every weekend. She looked at her phone again, silently begging for the red dot to suddenly move, but no, it was stuck inside the Choi mansion.

She paddles her legs in despair, the past days, there were teeny tiny bits of action, some attackers were easily stopped that made her scoff most of the time. They call themselves an organization only to hire weak attackers. Rolling her eyes at the thought, she pouted soon after. Truth to be told, she missed going to parties— okay, maybe not the parties.

There was a ring in her phone that made her jolt up, face lit up in hope to see that it was from Soobin. Yet not long after, just like the setting sun, her face darkened seeing that it was from Bomin. He was calling and she contemplated wether she needed to answer it— she did answer it.

"Bomin." She spoke soon as she put the phone on her ear, there was banging music on the background making her conclude that he was in some kind of bar. "Hey, Jisu! How are you?" Voice shouting to be heard, Julia pulled the phone away for a second to protect her ear.

"Same old, same old. How are you?" She asks back in respect. There were shuffling noises, a little while and the noises hushed and was replaced with peace and small chitchats. She hears a sigh first, "Oh, also fine. Um, you're probably thinking why I called. I really want to make this quick as possible so— Soobin is drinking too hard, like hard hard here, and we're worried because he won't speak out although he was the one who called our attention here."

Julia's eyes widened and she immediately stood, before she can talk, Bomin spoke again. "And he has been muttering your name throughout the day."