36 | pretend youth

A/N: Hello! Here's another update since classes are starting tomorrow, for real huhuhu. Anyways, drop your twitter accounts and I'll follow you! Please followback, my account is @/httpsetherxxx !! Let's be mutuals owo <3

"Breathing. Normal. Heart-beat. Normal. Possibility of concussion is high. Speed up, please." Hussey tried to act normal as fuck, she checked him again and again with her stoic face. Fuck. Fuck. I should've checked if he followed, I should've asked permission to go home. Shit! There was a deep wildfire spreading inside her.

Lucy glanced at her, almost surprised that she pleaded, but immediately pulled herself together. She stepped on the pedal, "Hold him tight, I'm on full." The older smirked a bit, Hussey nodded and reached for the seat belt.

She drove away, slowly being one with Kai's BMW. As she continue to drive, her eyes glanced at Hussey for several times, the girl was focused on Kai. She then remembered about Yeonjun, she bit her lip and huffed, a part of her felt grateful and another part was in deep regret.

Lucy heard the conversations on her earpiece, she tapped on it two times to mute it for a moment. "HUSSEY." The called girl looked at her, "Are your sure Kai is unconscious?"

"Yes. What is it?"

"How did this happen?" She asks in a hard voice.

Hussey took a deep breath, "I didn't have time to tell him I'm leaving, he must have followed me when he saw me rush out." She says, her eyes returned to the lad beside her. Lucy nodded a little, "What do you think would happen when we didn't notice him?"

"That's impossible! We would know one way or an—"

"What do you think would happen if we didn't notice him, Hussey? Answer that question." Lucy asked again in a more serious manner. Hussey's stoic face became confused, his brows furrowed and his eyes glared.

"He'd obviously die there."

"Right. And you'll fail the mission, what would you do?"

"I'm gonna kill myself if I fail to do so, Lucy. But that won't happen. I'm gonna protect him no matter what." Lucy felt goosebumps hearing her low word, her aura screamed dominance, that reminded her of the queen of hearts, Hussey's mother.

"Because I always succeed. There's no point in losing." Hussey added. She then paid attention to Kai again when she remembered something, "What do you think will Julia do if Soobin finds out?" She questions.

Lucy thought about it for awhile, "She'd probably shrug it off and deceive Soobin. She's Julia after all, she'll always find a way."

"What if the system finds out?"

"They'd let her go since this is the first time for a huge mission, if they give her a punishment, she'd receive 5 or 10 whips." Lucy concluded, Hussey smirked, "You're wrong in everything."

"Eh?"

"If Soobin finds out, he won't be deceived anymore. He's better than that, he's a negotiator, remember? His business mindset applies to Julia because she's always like a con-artist. I bet sooner or later, Soobin would find out. If she wants to keep unidentified, she has to stop messing Soobin's feelings for fucking sake. She's always doing shit that could scar him, she stands out too much. She should focus outside his life; since he's always alone and seem to not trust anyone in the university." Hussey said, her straight-forwardness almost scared Lucy, she was about to butt in when Hussey spoke again.

"The system would give her exactly 15 whips and she won't be promoted together with us, she'll stay in division x for another year or so. If she's identified, that's the worst thing that can happen. I expected more from her, did she actually think she can fool everyone just by smiling at them? What is she? A fucking magician?" Hussey hissed.

Lucy took a deep breath and drove as fast as she can, getting scared that Hussey would point out something wrong with what she's doing. She's the ace after all, she excels in all of the areas. There's no doubt she understand the human's mind better.

When they reached the hospital, the two of them carried him inside and gave the nurse his key. They reasoned out that they found him beside the road, and they don't recognize the lad. Lucy tapped her earpiece, disabling the mute, she walked out first and left Hussey inside.

"11 DOWN. 13 out 15 DEACTIVATED. 0 DIED. And 9 INJURED, including Huening Kai and Choi Soobin. Erasing footage now. Prepare for roll call, now."

She then saw her walk towards her, brows furrowed, she was holding something yet she shrugged it off and spoke.

"A-LUCY 2605, assistance. Delivered."

"A-HUSSEY 1207, in-charge. Delivered."

Lucy looked at her, she seemed off than usual. Her fists were balled as if she was mad. "Are you—"

"Let's go." Hussey cut her off and started walking away, leaving her in a confused state. She took a deep breath and followed her. They walked until they found and intersection, Judy announced that the mission was officially closed and succeeded.

Three minutes of silence, Sam's red sports car appeared right infront of their eyes. He was now smiling like the idiot that he is, obviously back to his senses upon ending their task. "Need a ride, Ma'am?" He wiggled his brows. Lucy sat beside him and gave him a hard smack, Hussey sat with Sky and Judy.

Their car waited for a moment, and then, another yellow sports car beeped just at the back. Sam put out his hands, gesturing to forward, he put his other hand on his earpiece and smirked. "Please hang-on, passengers. A minute from now, you are about to witness South Korea's beauty in darkness." He says, he then held the steering wheel.

"Right now."

He stepped on the pedal, driving in a normal speed with Peter following behind. Each minute, he sped up faster, they opened their windows as they drove around South Korea. Speeding even with red lights, they admired the city's lights and breathe the fresh air.

And if you see them at the moment, you won't even think that they are underground agents that could defuse a bomb, kill a person, or hold a knife. Because at this moment, they looked like care-free College students enjoying their youth while breaking rules.

###