51 | the system

A/N: LOL HI IM SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE 😭😭😭😭 BELATED HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAYS EVERYONE SBFJDHFNSNDNSJS

"Hello?" Kai sighs and lays in his bed when he hears Hussey's voice thru the phone. His eyes were half closed, eyelids threatening to fall just to give him a rest. He just had got home and immediately fetched his phone to call the lass.

He felt so tired but he couldn't sleep just yet, everything was bugging him and irking him, the thoughts in his mind clashing. Yes, he thought everything made sense since the first time they met, although he wasn't that curious about where the five were they from, he was curious about them. "Hey." He answers to the girl on the other line.

Truthfully, he knew he couldn't ask about it directly, and he was sure he wouldn't even dare to ask. He realized Hussey would be having trouble sinking about it now, especially to what had happened to them awhile ago. Kai didn't want to tell her what he knows, he just didn't want Hussey to feel so stupid for so long, he also wanted her to be able to express fully too him.

He only hears a soft-breathing against the line, it was then pure silence that made Kai almost sleep when Hussey spoke again, "Why did you call? I told you we'd talk after you sleep." She answers in her monotone voice, yet calmer and softer than usual. The lad almost panicked, he was assuming that she was mad, making sure he's safe was her objective after all.

Kai let out a small sleepy chuckle to lighten the mood up, trying to find a excuse. "Yeah... I was just curious about uh, who Lucy was, Jisu noona mentioned her awhile ago..."

He hears no response from the girl, "Perhaps, she's that girl who had cat eyes? The one who talked... with the red top?" He tried to speak even when his voice was straining, slowly hushing. He hears her sigh, "Yeah... just call her Yeji." She says.

The boy purses his lips, the side on his mouth rose hearing her say that. "Yeji?"

"Yeah, Yeji." Hussey answers back, now with a yawn. Kai opens his eyes when he realized. "Are you sleepy?" He again asks. There was silence for a minute or so before she speaks again, "Aren't you?" Earning no response from the latter. He wanted to say yes, but knowing Hussey, she would just hang up and never answer his call again so that he sleeps. And for him, that ain't it. He wanted to talk, and talk, and talk to her until he falls into deep slumber.

The girl from the other line clicks her mouth, "You just won't sleep even if you're sleepy, yeah?" She drives him into a corner that would make him admit that he is. Kai groans. "I really don't want to."

"And why is that?"

"I want to talk... to you." Kai rubs his eyelids and let out a silent yawn. Hussey keeps quiet for a moment before responding once more with a final sigh of defeat, he could hear her sheets moving that made him scrunch his nose with a floating feeling. "So stubborn..." He hears her say, his lips forming an evident smile. "What do you wanna talk about, anyways?" That line made his grin wider that already it is.