42 | reasons

"Good morning, Yuna! How was your weekend? Kai said you left the party early last Saturday."

Jisung casually put his arms around the girl that was walking, Hussey flinched at the suddent appearance, shrugging his arm off as she bit her lower lip remembering thay night. I bailed on them, I should be sorry, right?

Her eyes darted to Jisung that walked beside her with a grin, she gave a small smile, "Yeah. Sorry about that, emergency." With a simple answer, the latter seem convinced.

"That's alright, will you come next Saturday?" Hussey took a deep breath, she was now somehow used to going out because of Hyukai's group, although she hated that fact that her system was slowly getting used to it. What would even..

She took off that thought, looking at Jisung, "Yeah. Where's the others, by the way?" She asks, blinking and looking around to check, they were nearing the Business bldng, the Engineering bldng beside it.

Jisung smiled a little as he hears the question, "They're early. Don't know why." He pouted, somehow upset that they arrived early. Hussey blinked, that means he's there already? She thinks.

Small chitchats until they parted ways, she fastens her pace to check the room, worried of his current state. I still wonder how he fucking got there.. if he saw us and followed, I'm so fuckinng doomed.

She opened the classroom door, her eyes narrowing to find him, when she stopped him, the right side of her lip rose, sighing in relief. No other thoughts, she walked towards him, Hyukai caught her eyes as she was nearing him.

Hussey saw him flinch a little when she reached for the seat beside him, he looked away, surprised to see her interacting with him in class, it was unusual for him. He gulped when the vivid flashes of that night reappeared in his head, instead of dwelling in it, he shook it off.

"Hey..." Hussey trailed off, awkward as ever. She cleared her voice and sat beside him, blinking. Hyukai pursed his lips, he glanced at her yet immediately removed it, closing his eyes tightly. "Hey." He greeted back, his voice lowering.

Hussey's forehead creased at this, she bit her lower lip. Is he fine now? She wanted to ask yet refrained herself, if she did, he would find out that it was her who took him to the hospital. She couldn't take the risk.

"A-Are you fine?" She asks out of the silence, Hyukai glanced at her for a secone, she sae how he looked panicked and immediately looked away. Her brows furrowed at this. What the hell is happening?

"Yeah, fine. Why? You?" He tried to answer as cooly as he can, the questions about that night on the tip of his tongue. He gritted his teeth, actually scared of the answers. For him, Hussey was just a random transfer student that had red hair and was coincidentally in every class as him... Every class as me. He furrowed his brows, remembering someone. There was also one random transfer student... that transfered on the same day as her...

They know each other. He concluded, remembering their morse code conversation. Jisu noona knows her. They're both Kwons. They transferred on the same day.

Was she also in one of those cars? He thought.

Hussey was horrified. Seeing him so lost in thoughts bugged the hell out of her. "So, um, last Saturday. Sorry I had to bail, there was an emergency." She tried to woo him, Hyukai snapped out of his thoughts.

He once again gulped, Yeah, and I followed you, the last thing I knew, I ended up in that damned hospital. "It's okay, I became busy with Areum for a bit, sorry for not attending to you." Hussey's broes furrowed at this.