23 | queen of disaster

Lucy sighed in deep thought as she space out. Monday have once again occured and she hated it, even if it would be temporary, she hated to sit and listen to things she already knew.

One last class before lunch break, Yeonjun was sitting beside her, also spacing out. She gazed at him and shrugged, the latter looked so confused by himself, he had licked his lips so many times that it became redder than it was.

Yeonjun sighed. He felt so nervous sitting beside Lucy, he didn't even know why! He would stop breathing when she throws him glances. There was a presurring feeling that kept on pounding inside of him, like he was in need of saying something to her— because why the hell not? She's a potential threat but might also become a formidable ally in Thunders.

A deep sigh along with the ringing bell snapped him out of his thoughts, he curiously looked at Lucy who was already staring at him, her gaze sharp as ever yet elegance still screamed. She clicked her mouth, "You want to speak to me? It's written all over your face even if you weren't looking." She smiled a bit.

He stiffened at what he heard, panicking as he look away and brush his hair backwards. "N-No.." His words hardly stumbled out as he try to look at her eyes, that wasn't a good idea. Her face looked like she was gonna laugh any minute and it made him flustered. 

Lucy took a deep breath and stood, "Stop lying, Choi Yeonjun, the 3rd thunder. Let's go grab some lunch while you cash me your thoughts." She giggled for a moment and reached for her bag and turned away, her light expression then was wiped out. I really want to skip.

His eyes followed her presence as she walk out of the room, crunching his face and hastily reaching for his bag to catch up to her. Once finding her, he walked beside her and continued their way to the cafeteria in pure silence, Yeonjun glanced to her,

What is she thinking about? Does she also feel the need of saying something? Or is she thinking about Thunders? How did she know about me being the 3rd? Is she gonna replace me? And why the hell am I having lunch with her?

His thoughts and questions came again and again, maybe he really does need to say something. Meanwhile, Lucy focused on walking, Should I stay or skip? If I stay, I can watch over this weirdo who keeps on glancing but I'll die due to boredness if I skip, someone might try and kill him but atleast I'll have fun. She points out the pros and cons, but immediately scoffed, Who am I kidding? I never had fun ever since I was born.

Yeonjun flinched hearing her scoff, he was now nervous as fuck just by thinking of Lucy feeling annoyed with him. He kept his guard up and calmed himself, "So... you're in Thunders now, huh. Why?" He tried to ask smoothly as he can, like it wasn't a big deal and he's not really interested.

She shrugged. "Bored. Someone told me about it, I was hoping to fight someone who does the doing. That girl was complete fake hopes." She smirked, remembering Heri's horrified face once again. Yeonjun clicked his mouth, Heri had been a good acquaintance of his, she respected and supported him— hearing someone look down on her just offended him.

"I don't think so." Yeonjun contradicts, making Lucy look at him, amazed. "She's the best in the girl's division. She learns well even when she's watching. Even if she lost, she still has the others Thunders support." He boldly says, making Lucy laugh.

She shook her head while laughing, then stopped, she raised her head to look at him straight in the eyes. "Your opinion is purely biased at this point. Her being a goody-two shoes when she's with the other superior doesn't erase the fact that she's a false hope." She pursed her lips at him.

Yeonjun's eyes narrowed. "She's so much better than you!" He scowled. Lucy leaned in, "Then why the fuck did she lose, Yeonjun?" She calmly asks, her gentle voice provoking him to his peak. He bit his lower lip and glared at her, he wanted to punch her then and there but he couldn't move... he couldn't even answer her question.

Lucy sighed and tapped his shoulder, "Let's eat next time. If we continue to speak about this, you'd be raging." She gave a small smile and turned herself. Yeonjun gritted his teeth and roared, "Stop entering Thunders! You don't deserve to join us!"

Everyone stopped their tracks and gave their attention to Yeonjun. Lucy stopped walking, she smiled and turned to Yeonjun, "Why are you so mad about me beating Heri?" She asks with a smile. Her steps were light but it could be heard as everyone was silent by the sudden outburst.

"Is it because you like her?"

"No—"

"Is it because you're fond of her?"

"No—"

"Or is it because you're scared of you losing to me?" She asks and leaned on again. Yeonjun felt so furious yet so again so speechless. Was it? Was I scared that she'll beat me too? He furrowed his brows making Lucy scoff. "Figure it out."

She breathe on and smiled, "Because when if that happens, you need to be ready." She winks and walks away, Yeonjun was about to go to the other way when she stopped her tracks. "Thunders is such a lavish place, it hid everyone's stupidity." She says then glances back,

"You are all cowards. So here's a tip,
don't talk the talk talk, do the mother fucking talk talk."

She said and walked away. Yeonjun was left, completely confused. Was I really scared of that? He questions himself. He shook his thoughts off, No, you're angry because she doesn't deserve a spot, because she's incompetent! He sighed at his thoughts. The fire that was building inside him just awhile ago got washed up because of that sudden realization.

Yeonjun's eyes followed the disappearing girl away from her. She's surely knows how to turn the situation upside down. He pursed his lips then says, Disaster, she's a disaster.

###