A Sister Confident

Tova was in her bed waking up hearing her family already up and moving about in the compound, "Will you hurry up Shikamaru! Your dad has an important mission to get to." Yoshino told her son. Tova giggled hearing her complain, "If you just sit there he won't have time for mooring training." Yoshino hollered. Tova knew their father wanted to get one last minute training done with Shikamaru before he had to leave.  She look out the window seeing the sun barely rising itself. Tova sigh staring at her ceiling, she always made sure to see her father off when ever he goes on a mission, she felt like she wanted to make sure he knew she will be waiting for him and that he must always come back. She's been doing that since she was a child, and Shikaku always returned to her and the family. 

Tova sat up on her bed stretching her arms when the doorbell rang, she looked at her closed room door in confusion. "Who is here this early?" She asked herself. Tova walked to the bathroom to wash up, as she was brushing her hair in a bun her mother returned inside the house, "Shikamaru! Lady Hokage sent a message for you."She joyfully said. Tova turned hearing the news, "Huh?" Both her and Shikamaru said. Tova quickly ran to the bathroom window to see who the messager was, she spotted Izumo standing there waiting for Shikamaru. "What's going on?" She asked. She ran to the kitchen where her father was, who was also listening, "Dad, what's going on?" She whispered behind him, "It seems something is happening involving someone leaving the village." Shikaku answered quietly. 

Tova and the rest of the Nara family watched as Shikamaru walked back in, he paused seeing six eyes staring at him. He let out a sigh shaking his head at his nosey family, "I have to go. Lady Hokage has a mission for me." He simply said while grabbing his vest from the hook, Shikaku stared at Tova, "Do you know what?" He asked. Tova shook her head, "No, nothing came across addressing some one lea-" Tova paused thinking about the situation, she than closed her eyes knowing who left the village in the middle of the night, 'Sasuke.' She thought. Shikaku finished his breakfast as Shikamaru left for his meeting. "Well, I need to get ready and head off." He said giving his wife a kiss, "I'll see you later." He softly said to her. Yoshino smiled to her husband nodding her head, "See you later, be safe. Love you." She said. "Love you too, come with me for a minute Tova." He said while grabbing his vest. Tova follows outside, standing on the porch as Shikaku put on his shoes, "You need to believe in your brother. This is his first mission as a Chunin, he's going to need all the confidence he can get ok." He said. Tova stared at her father in confusion, Shikaku stood up laughing at her face, "I know you Tova, better than most I like to believe. I know if you could you would shield that boy from the world, hell maybe everyone else as well." Shikaku chuckled. Knowing Tova care deeply for her family and Kakashi.

Tova crossed her arms knowing that was true but didn't want to admit it, "I'm just worried. If his mission does have anything to do with Sasuke, than why Lady Hokage sent an inexperience Chunin after him?" Tova asked out loud. Shikaku pulled his daughter into a hug, "We don't question the Hokage motives. We just have to trust in her judgement, she's sending him on this mission for a reason. All we can do now, is believe he will come back home." Shikaku pulled away kissing her forehead, "Now I must go, take care of yourself. And try not to worry to much." He said as he waved over his head. Tova smiled waving back until he left the compound, she put her arm down as worried filled her face for both her father and now her brother, "I don't think my heart can take this." She mumbled. "Tova! Come inside and eat breakfast!" Yoshino hollered from the kitchen window, "Coming mother." Tova said walking back inside closing the door behind her.

Tova was in her office later that morning when a knock was heard on the door, "Come in." She said. To her surprise Shikamaru walked in closing the door behind him, "Hey sis." He causally greeted with a wave. Tova smiled at him nodding her head, "How can I help you Shikamaru?" She asked, keeping things professional. Shikamaru eyed his sister, not use to being treated as a Shinobi by her of all people. No matter what she always treated him as her little brother, he didn't like this change in tone, it was foreign to him and it bother him because out of all the times he asked her to treat him like a true Shinobi right now he needed his sister not a business woman.