Part 27: After 2 Years

LISA

After 2 years of being away from each other, I will see Jennie for the first time again.

The day of our TVC Shoot for Louis Vuitton has come! It's going to be a two day shoot. First day on the studio and second on a forest-like location out of town.

My call time on the first day is 9am. I arrived at 845am then grind will be at ten.

So as usual, I checked the lights and other technical stuff and had a conversation too with our client and producers about random things not related to our shoot today. Most of their questions are about the films I made in the US.

At 930am, our Production Assistant asked if she has to call Jennie for my short briefing of what's gonna happen.

"Hello, Diane. I think there's no need to orient Ms. Jennie Kim. Maybe she knows what to do already. Or you can ask our Asst. Dir. Steven if he has something to say to Ms. Kim." told our PA.

"Really, Lisa? It's not how you start the shoot. You usually talk to the endorser or talents." Jisoo said. She's right.

I just looked at Jisoo when suddenly something appeared on my peripheral vision. A hot figure wearing pearl white stunning gown with sparkling small diamonds.

I looked at her direction and... there's Jennie Kim. I can't hear anything aside from my heartbeat. Our eyes meet and like how I felt the first time I saw her during our Soju commercial shoot four years ago. Everything was in slow motion. The only change that happened to her is that, she's even more beautiful now.
"Oh, Jennie" talking to myself again.
I have to control my emotions. Or else, I will ruin the shoot. Relax, Lisa. Relax.

So we rolled. We are shooting her scenes now. I stayed on my director's chair while looking at the monitor. We shoot thirteen scenes smoothly. For the final scene for today, my director of photography and I couldn't meet half way with our framing vision. I don't know what happened to him why he couldn't get my vision. So I was the one who rode the jib being pulled through the dolly while I operate the camera zooming in to Jennie's half body then there'll be an uncut transition from her waist to her face.

"Ms. Jennie Kim, as the camera approaches you, you have to switch from that position by twisting your waist to the other side. Okay? And when your body is on the other side while your looking down, take a deep breath, tilt your head up moderately, face the camera and give me a small smile." I directed her while I control the main camera right now. I could see her face through the viewfinder and the video assist monitor attached to the camera.

"Beautiful! Good tak and... cut! Mark that!" I approved that one take shot of mine.

Everyone was not screaming happiness. They are all smiling at me. What's happening?

And when I looked at Jennie, she gave me a smirk.

We're done with our shoot. Everyone is satisfied with our shots especially LV creatives, the Ad Agency and of course, Jennie.

"You've never failed your clients. Thanks for today, Director L. Good bye." Jennie tapped my shoulder as she said those words with a smile. Then she went out the studio.

I followed her.

"Jennie, can I drive you home? Or are you gonna be riding the company car?" I asked.

"Neither, Director L. I'm going to drive myself home. Good night." She said while smiling as she entered her car and left.

So it was  just like that. I'm just her Director and she is my actress. That's all.

"What did you expect, Lisa? You're stupid." Jisoo whispered to my ear. I was surprised she just suddenly appeared beside me.