Part 38: The Unexpected

JENNIE

We're back in Seoul again!

Happy 15th of January!
This year is going to be special. For the first time, I am going to spend my birthday with Lisa tomorrow that we're engaged..

I planned to cook dinner tonight. I know Lisa will be so tired from work today. I will prepare her favorite medium-well porterhouse steak.

L: Love, what do we have for dinner?

Lisa called me.

J: Hello Love! Your favorite steak.

L: Oh, yes! I can't wait for dinner. I miss you, Jennie. Will come home immediately. I love you!

J: Ok. You take care and I love you more!

I dropped the call looking forward for Lisa to come home.

When Civ heard Lisa's car, he ran going to the garage. I followed.

"How lucky I am to have a handsome son and a beautiful wife." Lisa approached us as she carried Civ on her arms.

"How's your day? Come here, Civ. Dada must be tired." I said.

"No. It's fine. I missed my baby boy." She said while kissing my forehead and my lips.

"Let's go. Your steak might turn cold." I invited for dinner.

Lisa eats like a hungry kid. Well, only if I cooked the food.

"Love, do you have a shoot tomorrow?" Lisa aked while eating her steak.

"None, love. On the next day until Friday I have a meeting with our wedding organizer then three day shoot and endorsements. Why?" I curiously asked.

"Can you accompany me to the opthalmologist?" She asked.

"Sure, Love. Any problem with your eyes? Maybe we can have it lasered? I know a Doctor who can perform lasik treatment." I said with concern.

"Hmm. I think that's better. We'll see tomorrow." She said.

Before we ended the night. She invited me to the music room and asked me to dance. She played the Cole Porter vinyl record i bought for her in Paris on her vintage turntable. We danced in the song "Let's do it. Let's fall in love."

"Jennie, I'm really excited to marry you." She whispered to my ear.

"Me too." I replied.

We danced in a few songs and went to sleep after we felt tired.

Today we're on our way to the opthalmologist. I am not focused on the road as I am sending messages to people at work and to our wedding organizer.

The car stopped in front of a peaceful lake. Across is a big minimalist but luxurious black and brown modern house with trees covered in snow.

"Hmm. Where are we?" My eyes went big seeing the house. It's my dream house! I was curious so I asked.

Lisa opened the door and just held my hand as we enter the gate.

"Does the opthalmologist live here? She really has a nice house." I said with amazement.

"Do you like it?" Lisa asked.

"Yes. I like the black and brown match." I answered.

"Well, there's no opthalmologist here. But this house belongs to the person who lights my way and makes my world clearer. Happy birthday, Jennie!"
Lisa surprised me!