Part 24: LISA

LISA

After I graduated from film school, I stayed in New York since I have forty commercials in line and another American film to direct.

Vogue USA took me as their cover for Summer: "Hot Genius". There I was interviewed about the success of Skin worldwide and my career as one of the youngest film and TV effective director.
Not only Vogue, I was also featured as the topic in different platforms such as TV Shows as a guest; I always got an invitation too for Film workshops as and instructor.

I am planning to stay in New York for another year before I continue my career as a director and endorser in Seoul.

I shut everything down about Jennie. The news, photos, magazines, her commercials and films. Only to find out after five months, she quitted the entertainment industry without a word.

Then there goes the media. They digged info about our relationship. They even released articles on social media with our magazine cover photos with a headline: "What happened to Jennie and Lisa?". A lot of issues about us are circulating, some are true and some are not. As usual, I did not mind those.

I focused on my career.

Date? No. Haven't dated anyone after Jennie. But I am getting closer to Kendall right now. But no, we are not a couple. We make out, well, that just  happened once, but never and will never have sex.  We are close, yes. But it's just going to stop there. Because I am fucking scared to love again. She's my best friend in a lot of ways. She's there when I need someone to talk to. She's there to comfort me on my sorrows. She's there if I want to have fun. She's there not to judge, but to understand me. Gossips and issues about us? Of course, there are. And a lot! But we just laughed about it. Sometimes if we sense a paparazzi nearby, we play around with them like intending to hold hands, kiss on the cheek and look sweet.

Actually, I really find New York a crazy place especially their entertainmen industry. Paparazzi are three times more here than in Seoul.  One time, they even released an issue linking me to my sister Lucia when our pictures hugging each other at a coffee shop scattered all over the internet. Here's the most funny one. My brother Lee. Yes, they also thought he's my boyfriend. Oh, jesus christ!

After hearing Jennie's no show in the entertainment industry, I tried to ask Jisoo if she heard any news from Jennie.

"You care, bud? Really? After what you've done to her? You know, I am not gonna talk about Jennie. I cry everytime I think of her situation. Talk to Rosé. She knows a lot. I think they still see each other. I'm afraid to ask Rosé. She's not even telling me a word or two about Jennie. Call her." Jisoo told me on the phone.

My bestfriend Jisoo is mad at me, I think.  I tried to call Rosé but she doesn't want to hear my voice.  She texted me instead.
What do you want, Lisa? I know it's about Jennie. Never come near her ang get a life! You really have the guts to leave her, huh?

 Rosé was really mad at me.

I'm almost on my third year living in New York. I can say that I have gone full circle with my career here and I have saved money for me to put up my own Film Production Company. So, I think, it's time to go back to Seoul.