Part 32: My Son

LISA

For the past few weeks, Jennie never talked to me. I never forced her to talk to me because who am I to force the person I gave too much suffering. Who am I to force her when all I did was give her pain and hurt her?

The week of shooting for the Travel Show hosted by Somi has started and we are in Russia now. The original Host of the show is Jennie Kim. But she rejected the offer. Maybe because I am the director? People noticed that Jennie has not appeared to other shows yet. There was a rumor she's going to stop for a while.

L: Jen, are you okay? Please know that I am here when you need someone to talk to." 

I tried to text her again.

It took an hour for her to reply. When she replied that everything is not okay, I did not hesitate to call her. Good thing our shoot just ended.

J: Jen! Why? What happened?

I asked her worriedly.

J: L, it's about Civ.

L: Jennie. Speak. Tell me. What happened to Civ?

I'm shaking while asking Jennie.

J: Civ has leukemia. He was diagnosed three weeks ago when he undergone bone marrow biopsy and spinal tap and other tests. The Doctor said he can still be treated but I am scared. Civ needs to undergo chemotheraphy. It's so hard to imagine my son will feel the pain. Oh, my poor boy. I am sorry, Lisa. I am just not comfortable talking about my son's condition to others.

L: Jennie, please look after Civ. I am going there. I won't leave you anymore. You don't have to be sorry. My shoot has ended. I'm in Russia now. Will be heading to the airport now. See you tomorrow and wait for me. Be strong!

"I am leaving now. Can you please ready the car and bring me to the airport?" I requested from Jisoo.

"But Director, you have a guesting tomorrow at Moscow. You can't leave." Jisoo said.

"Fuck! My son needs me now. I have to go." I shouted. 

I am sorry but I am just worried about Civ. I am trembling and crying already. Everyone on the set looked down their and they seem so sad too.  Jisoo placed her hand on my shoulder and comforted me as I cry on the way to the car.  Everyone was shocked. It's the first time they saw me shouted in fear and cried.

This is already about my son. I have denied him for a long time because I was stupid, but nothing can stop me now. Not even my pride and anger. He is my son.

I arrived in Seoul the next day. Took my car from the airport valet and I went straight at Jennie's house.

I hugged her when I arrived. She cried on my chest. I saw her parents in the couch. I greeted them and bowed down my head as respect. Her father rubbed my head and her mother kissed my cheek. What a warm welcome.

"Jennie, bring Lisa to Civ." Her father said.

We went to his room. He's playing with his toys with her Nanny Ellen.

"Son!" I whispered as I approach him.

Civ stood up and he  hugged me.

"Saw you." He said.

"Yes, that was me." I cried seeing his happiness to see me. Jennie can't control herself and cried too.

I checked Civ's room and there's a picture frame of Jennie and I. Jennie noticed I looked at the picture frame.