Part 19: Last Day (flashback)

LISA

We've been shooting my 2nd film as the director. I am more excited because my lead actress is of course, my lovely girlfriend.

One thing I loved about Jennie is how dedicated she is when she has a goal. From day one of our shoot, I could see how she studies her craft even though she's a promising actress already.

Honestly, I am so nervous today. It's not my first time to direct a film with naked woman, I actually did it on my first film, but this one's different. It's Jennie who's going to be naked in front of the crew and will be in front of the audience once shown.

I don't want to be selfish, but hey, she is mine. As much as I wanted to own her and me just being the only one seeing her naked body, we'll just do this for the sake of art. Jennie is an artist, no one can hinder her from doing what she loves especially acting.

----------Shoot----------

So Jennie and I decided to go to the shoot separately. Her call time is 8am and mine is 9am.
Once I arrive at the shoot, I will be orienting her and Luis for their intimate scenes.

J: Love, you take care ok? My make up is being done now. See you here.

Jennie texted me.

L: Jennie, I am nervous.

J: You shouldn't be. You are a professional director. People are already expecting big from this film since you did great with the previous one. Let's do this. Don't worry, I will cooperate. Come to my dressing room when you arrive.

I arrived at 830am. The location set, light, camera and other stuff were already prepared by my team for our 10am shoot. I checked the lights and framing of my Director of Photography first before going to Jennie's dressing room.

"Love." As I approach Jennie.

"Hi, L. Have you eaten already? Come here." Her sweet welcome to me and cupped my face.

"Not yet. I love you. Once you're done, come to my table later. I will orient you and Luis." I told her while kneeling in front of her.

"Okay. See you there." She said and kissed my forehead.

"Hey guys, my girlfriend is nervous." She added while telling her glam team. They laughed at me.

I just smiled to them and told Jennie out loud as I walk out the door, "I love you."

Jennie just gave me a wink.

---------As we grind--------

Jennie sat beside me as we wait for Luis.

"Love, stay cool. Relax. We can do this. Deep breathing." Jennie never failed to comfort me while she ran her finger at the side of my face.

"Yeah. Okay. Let's do this." I answered.

"Mina, may you please call Luis? Thank you, Mina." Asked a favor from our PA.

So Jennie and Luis are now in front of me as well as the Assitant Director and DOP. I instructed them what's going to happen and what I want to see in the film. Simply, I discussed my vision. Jennie looks at me straight in the eyes while I'm telling her how or what she must feel on this scene. She agreed professionally.

"God, how I love this woman." My thoughts.

I am holding Jennie's shoulders from the back as we approach the bed set.

I demonstrated how she must act before their bed scene while she takes her clothes off looking at me. She's assisted by her stylist.

"Okay. Okay guys. Let's roll!" I shouted on the set.

I walked towards Jennie and she took my hand and whispered "I love you." Then I gave her my confident smile.

"Rolling." The DOP and our cameramen signaled that they're ready.

"Action!" My Assistant Director started the grind.

I am focused on my monitor. Our shoot has 4 cam set-up for this scene so we can get more shots within just a short period of time. Of course, for my Jennie not to be naked longer.

"Cut! Philip, lights outside the window! Movement from left to right when their bodies move while kissing." I cut the first take when I noticed the lighting. There should be streaks of light coming through the window and hit Jennie's side face.

"Yes, Director L." Philip, the DOP responded and did what I said.

"Blanket for Jennie and Luis please, Jane." I commanded cause the temperature in our location is too low and I can also feel the tension.

"Coming, Director!" Jane rushed to the actors and covered their bodies while the DOP is setting up.

We rolled again. I kept instructing as they act since this scene doesn't require a live audio.
We got the perfect scene on the third take.

2nd scene just 1 take.

And final scene for 4 takes.

"And cut! Video Assist, mark that take!" That's my signal when the shot is okay with me.

I waited for Jennie to put on her tshirt and jeans so we can preview our shots with her and Luis.

"Love, come and sit here." I called Jennie and she sat beside me drinking coffee.

"Love, how's our shots?" She asked.

"Here, let's preview. Let's just wait for Luis. You okay?" I asked.

"Yes, love. Thank you for doing well today." Jennie answered. 

We previewed the shots we took today. I am very satisfied as well as the team, Jennie and Luis. Everyone congratulated me and my actors.

"Okay! Great job, everyone! Pack up!" The most awaited part of the shoot.

And we all finally went home.