53

AMELIAS POV
It was really late, almost 11pm. I put all the kids to bed and Owen hasn't come home. I was so worried. I was sitting on the couch and I heard a car door slam shut. Moments later the door unlocked and he came in. He looked shocked to see me waiting for him.
"Hi," he said.
"Hi," I said.
"You're up," he said.
"I was worried about you," I said.
"Can we talk about this tomorrow?" He said.
"Sure," I said. He started walking upstairs and I grabbed a blanket and snuggled into the couch.
"Mia?" He said, his nickname had such a soft spot on me.
"Yeah?" I said.
"Are you going to join me upstairs?" He asked.
"Can we talk tomorrow?" I said.
"Yeah," he said sadly. I rolled back over on the couch and could feel tears forming in my eyes.
"I love you," Owen said.
"I love you too," I said. The tears started pouring out of my eyes and I couldn't stop. I buried my face in the pillow and cried myself to sleep.
OWENS POV
I was still really mad, but I felt awful. I was laying in bed and I looked over at Amelia's untouched side. God I missed her right now. I needed her. I shouldn't have yelled at her but I'm so mad. I rolled over and started crying.
-
The alarm went off and I got up immediately because I needed to talk to Amelia. I got dressed and walked downstairs and she wasn't on the couch. I walked into the kitchen and the kids were eating breakfast with Amelia.
"Good morning," I said.
"Good morning," the kids said. Amelia didn't even look at me and my heart broke. I made a cup of coffee silently and the kids started getting ready to leave. Amelia and I said goodbye to the four of them and they left. Amelia didn't say anything and walked back into the kitchen.
"Good morning," I said.
"Morning," she said and started washing dishes.
"Can we talk?" I asked.
"I just remembered that I promised Derek we were going to look at a patient this morning over coffee," she said. "I will see you later."
"Does the patient exist?" I said.
"She does," she said and grabbed her laptop.
"Fine," I said.
"Tell Riley and Noah I love them and I'm sorry I had to go in so early," she said.
"Will do," I said.
"And I love you too," she said softly.
"I love you too," I said.
"I'll see you later," She said.
"Yeah," I said.
AMELIAS POV
I didn't have a patient and I felt bad about that, but I called sister meeting this morning, and Maggie was meeting me at Meredith's. I parked on the street and used my key and walked into the house.
"Amelia?" Meredith called from the kitchen.
"Hi," I said and walked into the kitchen and sat down at the counter.
"You okay?" She said and sat across from me.
"Owen and I fought," I said trying not to cry.
"Well you know it's normal to fight every once in a while," Meredith said.
"I know but," I frowned and we heard the front door open and it was Maggie.
"Hi I'm here," she said and sat down next to me, "what's wrong?"
"Owen and I got into a fight over Riggs," I said, "I went into the hospital yesterday to help Stephanie with something and then Riggs said he had a patient he wanted me to look at and Owen flipped out on me. Like I know what happened and I do hate him, I really do, but Owen can't stop me from doing my job."
"You both have a point," Meredith said.
"Did you try explaining you had to do your job?" Maggie said.
"Yes! And all he did was yell at me like I wanted to talk to Riggs, like I'm his best friend!" I said.
"Maybe it just needs time, I mean it's about Megan," Meredith said.
"He's so mad at me," I said sadly.
"Amelia he loves you so much, you'll get through it," Maggie reassured. I felt my phone buzz and I looked at it and it was Owen.
"Can you meet me in my office at 9 it's important," it read.
"Yes," I sent.
"What if he's talking about divorce?" I said.
"Amelia stop being ridiculous he's not going to give you divorce papers," Maggie said.
"What if he is?" I started crying.
"Okay just calm down it's okay," Maggie said.
"Amy you okay?" Derek said as he walked into the kitchen.
"She's convinced Owen wants to divorce her which is ridiculous, can you tell her she's being ridiculous Derek," Meredith said.
"Why would he want to divorce you?" Derek said.
"Riggs," Maggie said softly.
"He's so mad that I'm working with him on a case and won't let it go!" I cried.
"Okay just calm down," Derek said and switched places with Maggie and hugged me. I cried into him as he rubbed my back.
"Do you want me to beat him up," he joked. I sniffled and chuckled.
"I'm gonna talk to him," I said.
"Amelia," Meredith said.
"Yeah?" I said.
"He loves you, just remember that," Meredith said. I nodded and said goodbye to them and walked to my car. I looked at the time and it was almost 9 so I sped to the hospital, changed into scrubs, and started walking to Owen's office. I knocked on the door and heard him say "come in". I opened the door and he was sitting at his desk on his computer.
"Hey," he said.
"Hey," I said and closed the door.
"I'm sorry," he said.
"Me too," I said.
"No, Mia, you shouldn't be apologizing. I got out of control. What he did was unforgivable, and something that has changed my life forever, but I cannot force you to hate him, I can't stop you from merely doing your job. It's just, Megan was my sister, and that's something that I cannot forgive, but I can't control how you do your job and that he's a colleague, I'm sorry I let my emotions and personal matters with Riggs get in between us. It won't happen again I promise," he said.
"You're forgiven," I said and walked over and kissed his cheek, "we all let our emotions get the best of us sometimes, it's okay Owen."
"I shouldn't have tried to control your work life, I'm really sorry Mia," he said.
"It's okay, just don't try to do it again," I chuckled.
"I won't," he said.
"Wanna know something funny," I said.
"Sure," he said.
"For a moment there I thought you wanted a divorce," I said.
"You're so dumb," he chuckled which made me chuckle, "I could never live without you, as much as you drive me crazy and do things I don't agree with, I love you. You are my better half, you complete me."
"I love you too, and you're definitely the better half," I chuckled and kissed him.
"Are we good?" He asked.
"We're good," I smiled.
"Good," he said, "that means I can do this." He chuckled and stood up and kissed me passionately.
"Did you lock the door?" He whispered in my ear.
"As always," I smiled.