Chapter 73: Mistakes P.t 2

Alexander had been less than thrilled to see Bellatrix again as she accompanied Voldemort, she had a warm smile and a loving gaze, her insanity was still there but there was something maternal in the way she was looking at him. Still, he remained cool as ice, even though he was in the Malfoy manor and his father was right in front of him.

"I heard you want to talk to me." Voldemort started, raising the letter he had received from him. Alexander nodded and glanced over at Bellatrix, hinting that he wanted to be alone with the dark lord. Bellatrix got the message and left with a smile, Alexander wasn't sure what there was to be happy about but he wasn't about to question it.

"I want you to forgive the Malfoy's and spare Draco from killing Dumbledore." He announced and Voldemort frowned.

"He used to bully you."

"He kept reminding me that you created me, if anything, that was the worst thing he did to me." 

"What kind of father would allow the person who hurt his son, go on living so peacefully?" He asked and Alexander took a deep breath, trying as hard as he could not to snap. If worst came to worst, he would beg and call the man before him "dad".

"Are you not obsessed with blood purity? You should be happy that he and I eventually became friends."

"Because they needed you and your mother for protection from me."

"We willingly helped them! Besides you decided to spare Harry Potter, why is it so hard to forgive those who are actually loyal to you?!"

"Alexander, they are loyal because they fear me." 

"My mother was afraid of you too."

"I could never harm your mother. I love her more than anything in this world."

"Then do her a favor, and start taking back parts of your soul! You split your soul to become immortal, if those items are eventually destroyed then you're doomed!" 

"I have cheated death, what is wrong about it?"

"Are you kidding me?! My mother is actually worried about you! I don't know why or how but you have actually won a part of her heart over after everything you've done. You spent so many years hunting her down and trying to get her to like you, now that's actually paying off! As for me, I spent most of my childhood learning of how horrible you were, of how you commited so many crimes and how much my friends suffered because of you! I was afraid of what the world would think of my mother if they ever found out that I was your son, of what they would do to her and my aunt if they discovered the truth!!!"

"You have indeed suffered a lot because of me, I can not deny that I am the cause, no matter how much I want to. But that can change, join me and you'll never have to be afraid of anyone again!" He replied as he grabbed Alexander's shoulders. 

"No, you made your choice! You believe that purebloods are better than anyone, fine by me, however you won't drag me or my younger siblings in that madness."

"Does that include the baby Bellatrix has?"

"If I can help that child, I will. And if you ever want me to call you by the title you are supposed to have in my life, then you will also help me undo the unbreakable vow Narcissa Malfoy and Severus Snape made!"

"An unbreakable vow?"

"You have Bellatrix to thank for that. Apparently she's not just insane, she's also very stupid."

"I'll see what I can do for that vow. But Dumbledore will die, even if Draco Malfoy doesn't succeed, I will have others ready to take on this mission." He insisted and Alexander placed a hand on his eyes, covering them, for god's sake, it was so hard to be calm right now but he had to. 

"Look, I want you to spare my friend. You can't ask him to just kill the headmaster of his own school!!! We're teenagers but still, I doubt that our rebellious phase includes us going around killing people!"

"I would have done it."

"Because your morality is as twisted as your character!"

"Hahaha... it's funny, had you been someone else, you'd be dead by now. Yet the more I hear you talk, the more I feel like I should say that I am proud of you."

"Is that supposed to be a joke?" Alexander scoffed and Voldemort shook his head in denial.

"No, I am a man that has drawn and manipulated thousands of people into doing what I want or be what I want them to be. But your mother and you, both of you are something that I cannot change. You cannot be corrupted or manipulated by me."

"We're nothing special."  Alexander argued, looking his father in the eyes. 

He had let out some steam, he had spent years, fearing about what his friends and family would go through if others knew that Lord Voldemort, the most feared wizard ever, was his father. 

You had spent years telling him of how much you had suffered because you picked Tom's interest and unwillingly made him fall madly in love with you, to the point where he became obsessed. You had told him over and over those stories and Alexander had always feared that he'd do the same thing to others, even more so when you told him that he looked exactly like his father. 

"You are the family that I never had, I always knew that I was special and when I discovered how special your mother truly was... surely you know what it feels like to be attracted to someone." 

"Don't try comparing me to you. I wouldn't chase the person I'm interested in like a madman, nor would I threaten to harm her family or ruin her life... and I most certainely wouldn't kidnap and rape her!" He growled and Tom chuckled, he sat down and looked at his son. Though they looked exactly the same in appearance, there was a strong, bright light in Alexander's eyes. It was a reminder that his son had been raised by the love of his life, the only woman that could take anything she wanted from him and he'd do nothing to stop her.

"Perhaps, love is a very weird emotion. Anyway, if it makes you and your mother happy, I will pardon the Malfoys and having someone else kill Dumbledore, I'll also search for a way to undo the vow."

"If that's really what you plan to do, then I promise to help. It's not going to be easy for me but... I want to be usefull to my friends and family for once."

"Ah! I almost forgot, I heard that there was an old lady, Dolores Umbridge who actually opposed your mother and tried to take over Hogwarts."

"Don't remind me of that toad! I swear that she deserves to be thrown in Azkaban for all the trouble she's caused and all the cruelty she has in her!"

"I could let Bellatrix teach her a lesson." 

"I have Basilisks, they certainely beat the crazy lady." Alexander shot back and Tom laughed at that, he was both pleased and impressed.

"So you actually kept them?" He asked amused and Alexander nodded.

"For protection against... well, a lot of things." 

The two of them kept talking, Alexander being more relaxed at the knowledge that his father was actually willing to do something good for once. 

As for you, you had gone to Hogwarts to talk to Dumbledore about all that and offer some comfort to Draco, as for Harry, Jane, Hermione and Ron, they were given the task of keeping an eye for any Death Eaters that were either not willing to spare Harry or actually given orders to kill him, since they didn't trust Voldemort, which was to be expected. 

Cedric, Ginny, Luna and Neville had been keeping tabs on the ministry. The new minister had been trying to get Harry on their side for a while now and Umbridge actually had the nerve to appear before them and try to play the sweet, innocent old lady to them. 

You just hoped that nothing new came up... your problems were already big enough and one mistake could lead to the gates of hell opening.