Chapter 1

Beyoncé Knowles-Carter,

Five years later.

I never would've thought I'd be at this much at peace with my life after everything Shawn and I have been through as individuals as parents and most importantly as husband and wife. Everything has not been in any way perfect, but it has always worked out for the better for us.

We bought our dream home after two months of staying in Galveston. It was probably the best thing we could do as far as bringing us closer together.

Before making this choice, the two of us had to make some more personal decisions in regards to ourselves. Because Shawn was out of work, he went back to school and got his degree from home in Business. He only needed another semester to graduate so now he is business certified.

Within four and half years, he's grew his knowledge on credit, finances and owning a business. Now he's running his own cleaning service here in Houston, one in New York and soon one in Los Angeles. It took time, but he's finally where he wants to be. Taking care of his wife and kids.

Yep, wife!

I officially became Mrs. Carter about a year after we fully got settled into our home. He proposed right after we moved into it so we had time to slow and do it right. Of course, my family questioned it, but I wanted to do it and nothing could change that. Now that they've seen how far we made it, they're happy for us in everything we do. It's been beautiful to see all three my brothers and Shawn go out and do things for their ladies, despite the relationship they when they met.

Then we get to the pregnancy part.

The following morning, I had taken the test and it came out positive. I didn't need that to know I was pregnant only because I had some serious morning sickness that same morning it caused me to go to the hospital. I swear I never felt so bad in my life.

From there it was confirmed.

I was told to make an appointment with a OB/GYN, but I wanted to wait until I got to Shawn and told him everything. I did not want him to miss it for the world. My mother, Solange, Meg and I flew out to him in Galveston. When I told him, he seemed like the happiest man on earth. He really made me feel like I was ready to have a child of my own. At the time, I was 21, but no one wants to be thirty and having kids. I felt like an adult in that moment.

The two of us then sat down to make an appointment for the following Monday. We went and too much of our surprise, two big beautiful heartbeats.

Twins.

Literally the most shocking but beautiful thing I've ever experienced. Shawn was on top of the moon. Even though this was all an surprise to everyone, I could see the excitement through my Mother's face. We  just couldn't believe we were having twins.

Four months came around, then five months, then six months.

Every appointment went great all the way up until the seventh month. The first appointment Shawn couldn't go to because he had an online exam to finish up his course.

——