Chapter 21

Shawn,

            I knocked on the front door of Lori's house at around 6:45 PM. The front door swung open. There appeared my two beautiful daughters, both grinning as big as they could.

"DADDYYYYY!" Suri screamed hopping in my arms.

"Wassup, beautiful." I said picking her up. "How are you?"

"Good." She said, I closed the door behind me.

"Hey baby girl." I pulled Shai's into my embrace, then kissed her head. "Wassup?"

She shook her head, "Nothing."

"Daddy, are you sick?" Suri asked me.

She noticed me wiping my runny nose with a piece of tissue.

"Yeah, a little bit. It's just the air, I think."

I put her down, then went and sat in the living room. They joined me in the same chair. I didn't mind.

"Y'all here by yourself? Where your Mama?"

"She's upstairs."

"With that boy?"

"Uh uh. Dante is just her friend." Suri said.

"I thought that was her husband and they been together for five years." I questioned.

"Nope, he was lying." She said. "I think he was tryna make you mad, Daddy."

"Probably. Sounds about right." I nodded. "So he's not around y'all like that?"

"He is sometimes." Suri nodded. "He takes Shai places, but not me cause I'm too little."

"He takes Shai places. Where y'all be going that your sister can't go?" She tensed up, then shrugged.

"We just go to a lot of places and sometimes Suri likes to sleep so she can't go." She explained.

"Oh okay." I said.

I wasn't believing that shit cause Suri don't miss a damn thing, but I'll look into it. I heard footsteps coming from upstairs.

"Hey Shawn, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good, you?" I asked, she took a seat on the sofa in front of us.

"I'm great." She nodded. "You sick? Why you sound like that?"

"I don't know. I think it's the air." I told her. "As soon as I got off the jet, my allergies started acting up. I'm good though."

"Daddy, maybe you need some of my allergy medicine. I'll go get it." Suri ran off, I chuckled.

"Um Daddy doesn't need your medicine. It would never work."

I laughed. "I'm good, baby girl. Thank you."

Five loud knocks banged on the door making Shai almost jump out of her skin.

"Shai." Lori said with concern, stopping in her tracks.

"Baby girl, you alright?" I asked. "What's wrong?"

She gripped my shorts.

"My sister is always jumping like that." Suri said.

Lori went to get the door. Dante.

"Hey," Lori said hugging him.

"Wassup?" He spoke.

"Nothing much."

He looked at me then grinned, "I see you're here again." He said.

"I'm always here. Not sure why you are since y'all ain't together like y'all was claiming." I said back.