Chapter 37

Beyoncé,

"You're doing so good, baby girl," My mother continued to encourage in my ear.

I have been in labor for 14 hours now.

As my due date has gotten close, we have been trying to induce it in many ways. Gladly, my work broke a couple hours ago and ever since, my contractions have slowly began to become stronger by the hour.

"What time is it?"

"About a quarter after 10." She said. "Hey, the girls wanted to come see you. They're excited. I think you should let them come and love on you until things get closer."

"Yeah, that's fine." I said before sitting through a long 2 minute contraction.

"Breathe, baby." She said.

"Oh my God." She groaned once it went away.

"That was a big one." She said pointing to the contraction on the monitor next to me.

"I know." I said.

"I'm gonna go get the girls from outside. That should be them."

"I got it, Ms. Tina." Dria said standing up.

"Ok, thank you."

"Yeah." She said opening the door for Lori and the girls, who were holding small gift bags and stuff animals.

"Hiiiiiii." I smiled through my pain.

"BBbbbbbb." Suri yelled running towards me.

"Suri, wait." Lori said. "You can be running around all this stuff."

"Sorry, BB." She said.

"You're okay. Come here." I pulled her into my arms. "How are you beautiful?"

"Good. Is my brother coming?"

"He is coming very soon." I told her.

"I can't wait to see him and hold him." She grinned.

"I know. I can't wait either."

"BB, we bought you some candles and some chocolate and some bears for my brother,"

"That's so sweet. Thank you!"

"You're welcome." She said sitting down.

Crying came out of the next door bathroom. It seemed to be Shai having an episode. For the past month since the whole murder incident, things haven't changed for the better. Things have honestly been worse when it comes to her mental health.

Shai's episodes have gotten worse, sadly. The child is mentally and physically traumatized and that's something she will have to live with for the rest of her life.

Shawn, on the other hand, has been in jail ever since.

It's been hard to even go through with this pregnancy without him, but I think I made the right decision for myself. As I said, whatever happens, me and my baby gone be alright.

Since it's been hard for me without him, I know it's been ten times harder without for the girls, especially Shai, knowing the circumstances.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I want my Daddy." She cried loudly.

Lori walked her out the bathroom, towards the sofa in front of us. They then sat down so she could hold her.

"Shai, it's okay, baby girl." Dria said.