Chapter 16

Beyoncé,

"I see you finally got a day away from Shawn and the girls." Dr. James said coming in the house with her equipment.

I flew Dr. James out to check on me and the baby.

I've been here in LA for two weeks and honestly I've felt better, but I've still been concerned with how everything is considering I haven't told anyone and I've been having to cope with the situation by myself.

"Yeah, they shouldn't be back any time soon." I said crawling on the bed, pulling my shirt up. "Glad you could make it out here."

"No, thank you for the flight, but this is what I'm here for." She said coming out the bathroom drying her hands off. "How are you feeling?"

"Um...in this moment, just because we're doing this, I'm nervous, but as far as how I feel mentally and physically, I feel pretty good. My husband and the girls have been keeping me busy. So my mind hasn't been full of too much stress lately."

"Well, that's good." She said putting her second glove on. "If anything, I feel if it has gotten any worse, we would have seen the signs by now. I personally feel like we caught it before it happens, which may be good or bad depending on you and your husband's plans of having another baby. But...you never want a miscarriage, no matter the circumstances."

"No, absolutely. That's just like I told him cause he's actually more eager for having one right now than anyone, but I told him a baby will come when it's supposed to be here."

"Right!" She nodded. "So you ready?"

I sighed deeply, "Yep, let's do it," I pulled my shirt up, allowing her to apply the goo.

A couple seconds after placing the wand down, a loud heartbeat blared through the speaker. My heart was in my ass as large grins spread across both of our faces simultaneously.

"Mine?"

"Nope." She said. "That's definitely the baby."

"Are you serious?" I said with tears in my eyes.

"Yes ma'am." She said pushing down a little harder. "There it is."

"No fucking way

"No fucking way." I mumbled.

"This is zoomed in, but looks like your thirteen weeks and four days to be exact." She said.

"That's over three months."

"Yep. You may be showing and may not have known it." She said.

"I have not even paid attention to it, honestly." I said. "Wow, this is crazy."

I wiped my eyes.

"I'm sure Shawn will be ecstatic at the news." She said.

"He definitely will, but I will not be telling him any time soon. I gotta hold this in for a little while longer." I said. "He gets real protective and I already know after what happened the first time, he's definitely gonna be clingy. I'm okay with keeping this between me and you right now."