Chapter 28

Shawn,

When Lori told me Grant had gotten shot, I had all types of shit running through my head. I couldn't even think. I had to sit my ass down. I couldn't enjoy my daughters birthday trip to the fullest extent either.

Thankfully, he's going to make a full recovery.

Once we landed back in Houston, I got the girls situated back home. Beyoncé is not letting me go anywhere near Atlanta. Not even to check on Grant. Dria did fly down, leaving Bentley with Nicki.

We picked him up in the way home.

"Babe," I heard Bey say, sitting beside me. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good," I said slowly closing my laptop. I looked at her and smiled when my oversized shirt looking pretty tight against her belly.

I then chuckled.

"What?" She grinned.

"Nothing. Before, that shirt you got on fit pretty loose."

She smacked her lips, hitting my arm. "I actually grew an inch and a half around on the trip. So baby boy is growing fast."

"That's good." I said rubbing her stomach.

"Yeah, have you heard anything from Dria?" She asked.

"She just said that he's good and that they're giving him lots of medication for pain. I'm just trying to figure out why the hell that nigga went over there." I told her.

"He wasn't even going to see none of them." Bentley said. "He was going cause his friend invited him to his wedding two days ago and then that happened. They don't even know who shot him." Bentley said.

"Lori told me it was set up by someone I know. You just keep you mouth shut lil boy." I told him.

"I'm not a little boy. I'm 8."

"Boy, shut up. You still little."

"When I get older, I'mma be 6'4 like my Dad." He said.

"Okay, and?"

"I'm just saying." He said. "Can I have a snack?"

"Yeah, bye." I told him.

He ran off to the pantry.

"Babe." Bey called again.

"Huh?"

"Look, I really need you to focus in right now and not do anything stupid. I don't know if you know, but we're coming right up on the time we had complications last time. I don't want anything to stress me out until he can get here."

"Okay, I gotchu, baby. I know." He

"You always tell me that and then some bullshit happens."

"Nothing is gonna happen, baby." I told her. "I do want to know what is going on with the situation and who did it, but I'm not gonna instigate cause at the end of the day, the truth is gonna come out,"

"Exactly. So leave it alone and wait on it." She told her.

"Aight, baby. You got it." I told her.

"I know I got it. Now rub my back."

I laughed, getting right to it.

——

"What the fuck was you doing, man?"

I was talking to Grant through FaceTime from the hospital bed.

"I don't know. I wasn't going to look for them. I went to my boy wedding. I told you that. I just didn't tell you where cause I didn't want you to think it was trynna get involved in that shit. I was taking my girl out to the skating rink and Derek and them just pulled up and let loose on me. I guess they thought I was there to start to shit. You can look at my Instagram to know I was at the wedding."