Chapter 22

Beyoncé,

"So do y'all wanna tell us why the hell y'all flew out to LA so randomly?" Lauren asked with her arms folded.

We all sat in the living room of our house waiting for an explanation. I knew Shawn was gone, but the girls called me saying the boys rushed out the house to catch a flight to him so all I can think happened was something with that killing situation.

"Hello." Nicki said waiting on someone to speak.

"Aight, so here's what happened."

Shawn told us everything and honestly, I'm just glad they're all okay. He did the right thing by taking them somewhere other than the house cause there is no telling what they may have planned.

"Where are Lori and the kids?" I asked.

"They're at my crib on the other side of town. If I know they're safe anywhere, they're good there." He said.

"But why were you guys flying out? What were y'all gonna do?" Lauren asked.

"I was planning to meet up with him again last night once I got them situated at the hotel. I couldn't get ahold of him." Shawn said.

"No, you need to leave it alone, babe. Stay out of that." I said standing up. "Y'all have my nerves everywhere right now."

"I'm good, baby. It's more than what's on the surface."

"Well, that's not important to me. What's important to me is your safety and well being. Don't go and try to find something to fight about. That's how people get killed. You've been in this situation one time. I'm not moving again. I'mma divorce you and let you go run every street you want."

They busted out laughing.

"I'm not laughing." I said walking into the pantry to grab me a nutty bar. I walked back over to him looking at his laptop. "Why are you looking at trampolines?"

"Cause your step-daughter likes to jump on beds." He said. "I think I'mma get her one for the backyard."

"Suri?" I asked.

"Yes. A big ass ball of energy." He said, we laughed.

Everyone decided to leave and get ready for the tomorrow. We went over locations and times again to be sure. It was just Shawn, Dria, Destin, Ricky and Bentley by that point. Bentley and Ricky we're outside playing basketball on the court.

"How you feeling, baby?"

"I feel good." I nodded, pulling him into a hug.

"How was your massage?"

"I actually changed the time. I had an appointment at that time so I changed it to 4 this afternoon. So I am definitely anticipating it."

"Good cause you deserve it." He said. "Where you been today though?"

"With my Mother. That's why I need the massage cause she definitely has been on my nerves today. Love her to death though."

He chuckled.

"Speak of the devil. Here she is now."

I answered the FaceTime call on my laptop.

"Hey Mama." I answered.

"Hey B. I was just calling to make sure you made it back home safely. You never called me to tell me you were home." She said.

"I'm home, Mama. Thank you!" I told her.

"Good. So you both have everything you need for tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yes Mama. Everything is good."