Chapter 23

Shawn,

Loud yells abrupted from the main living room of the house. The boys were in there playing the game along with my brothers and other male cousins I had flew out. There was already a house full of both Beyoncé and I's families in every room. I'm glad we were having a huge turnout. Now I'm just waiting on Lori to get here with the kids.

"Aye, when the food gone be done?" I called back at the ladies in the kitchen.

"Uh hey," My Aunt Gina pointed. "Don't do that nephew. You're not in here cooking so you be patient."

"Sorry, Auntie." I mumbled, they laughed.

"Where is your wife and kids?" She asked.

"They should be on the way. I don't know why Bey ain't here yet, but she's a woman that takes her time so I'mma leave her alone. The girls and their Mama should be here in a few though."

It wasn't long before the front door opened and Lori came in with her mother and the girls. I grinned when Suri came running to jump in my arms.

"Hi beautiful."

"Hi Daddy." She grinned.

"You look so cute today." I told her.

"Thank you." She said as I put her down so I could grab Shai the same way.

"Wassup, pretty girl?"

"Nothing."

"You look beautiful today too," I told her.

"Thank you!"

I put her down, then turn my attention towards Lori and her mother.

"Hey, how y'all doing?" I spoke.

"Good." They replied.

"Give me hug." I said with my arms out to Lori. "You still family too. You wouldn't be here if you wasn't."

She hugged me, then stepped back.

"You look good or whatever." I told her.

"Mhmm. I know." She said dapping her slicked back edges that went into a bun.

" She said dapping her slicked back edges that went into a bun

"Don't do that. You ain't too good to be here." I joked.

"Still the best looking in the room though." She said cocky her head to the side with a smile.

I smacked my lips.

"Say I'm lying. Look around and say I'm lying."

"I mean my wife ain't here yet so you ain't really got no competition right now." I told her.

"I said in the room."