Chapter 17

Beyoncé,

"Hey sis, come on in." Lauren said before closing the door behind her.

Lauren was the first person who came to mind for me to tell first. She is from California so it's never a problem for her stay at her and Nip's home that they have here. Plus, she's the only one who didn't go back to Houston and I wanted to tell someone face to face.

"Wassup?" She asked as we both took a seat on the sofa. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Nothing, I can't just come over and spend some time with my friend?" I stalled.

"I mean you can, but you told me you had to talk to me about something. So what's up?"

I sighed, "A lot is up for sure, but I really did come over here to talk to you about something I just found out about a couple hours ago."

Her face got completely pale. I'm talking completely white in an instant.

"What? What's wrong?" I questioned out of concern.

"Uh nothing, go head." She said.

"Okay. I brought you a gift." I told her, pulling out a small rectangular box.

"A gift?" She questioned while nervously grabbing it. "For what?"

"For a just a token of my appreciation of love and loyalty over the years." I said. "I feel like even though you and Nicki have been friends long, you still have been an important piece of my life and I figured I would tell you the news with this gift first."

"Okay." She mumbled. "Open it?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Guess what it is though first?"

"It's gotta be jewelry. I think that's the only thing that could possibly fit into this." She said. "Am I close?"

"I don't know. Open it."

She slowly opened it, then the look on her first was so priceless. I was expecting her to scream and hop up and down with excitement, but tears were actually filling her eyes and mine before she could say anything.

"Wait, you're pregnant?" She said pulling the pregnancy test out.

"Mhmm." I nodded as my tears began make me choke up.

"Oh my God." She said pulling me in to a hug.

We cried together.

If anyone knew the emotional rollercoasters I have been on in the past five years, she did. She knows that a baby hasn't been priority, but it's definitely been prayer that we've all prayed for a long time.

"I'm so happy for you, babe." She wiped her tears.

"Thank you." I sniffed.

"God, I just pray this pregnancy goes by safely all the way up to the delivery and years later. We've all prayed so hard for this."

"I know, me too."

"So when'd you find out? You just took a test recently?" She asked.

"No, I've had been having some symptoms that were definitely not around pregnancy a couple weeks ago. So I went to my gynecologist and from that point, we saw the baby, but we thought I might have been borderline miscarrying. Um....I took it easy and today I flew my private gynecologist out to see about me while Shawn and the girls were away, there it was. A big, healthy heartbeat." She said.

"That's so good, babe. I just wanna cry," She said wiping her red face.

"You can cry. As much as we've been through, the least any of us could do is cry and really take this in. I feel like I'll go full term like before and there will be a healthy baby in the end."