Chapter 31

Beyoncé,

            Dria and I walked into the Houston Jail a couple hours later. I had everything running through mind. I was just trying to figure out why the hell was he assaulting Lauren at his office and what the hell happened for him to even assault her.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

"We're here to speak to Shawn Carter. Is he allowed?" Dria asked.

"Yeah. He is." She pointed around the corner. "If you go take a seat behind the glass, I'll bring him out for you."

"Thank you!"

We did as told.

About five minutes later, he came walking out in a orange jumpsuit with handcuffs on his wrist. I could tell he still had on his clothes from last night though.

He sat down. The two of us exchanged looks for what felt like an eternity. I don't know what the hell happened, but he honestly looked like something was bothering him. His eyes were red and bloodshot and he looked like he didn't want to speak to anyone.

"You wanna tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked.

I was surprised to see him childishly shaking his head.

"You don't? So I guess you wanna stay in here?"

He shook his head no again.

"So what's going on?" I asked.

"Get me out and I'll tell you." He finally said.

"No, you assaulted a woman. Explain that shit to me cause sounds like you deserve to stay right here."

"I don't." He said.

"You don't? For beating a woman?" I asked. "Are you serious?"

"When I tell you what happens, you'll change your mind."

"So what happened?"

"Get me out first. I just said I'd tell you."

"No, tell me here and I'll think about getting you out." I told her.

"I don't think I should be the one to tell you cause it's not my fault or my issue. It's Lauren. You need to go talk to her."

"So I need to go talk to Lauren before I make the decision to bail you out?"

"No, you need to bail me out and we can go talk to her together. Once you hear what she told me, you probably gone wanna beat the fuck outta her stupid ass too."

Dria and I looked at him confusingly cause something really went down cause he is not known for disrespecting a woman like Lauren to a verbal extent.

"What happened, Shawn?" I asked. "Tell me."

"Nah, I'm not telling you, but you remember the other night when we were talking about how the girls were probably hiding something from you that you'll never know about until something finally comes out? This is exactly what I'm talking about. You wanna go talk to Lauren before bailing me out? Go ahead. I shouldn't have done what I did, but I'm not saying she didn't deserve it either."

He began to stand up.

"Go ahead. Leave me in here and I'll wait."

And with that he went back to wherever he came from. Dria and I went back to the front of the jail, still not able to say a word.

"Bey, I don't know. He's acting funny. What the hell do you think Lauren did?" She said.

"I don't know." I mumbled. I gave in. "Let's just get him out and we'll come back for the hearing once we figure out what the hell is going on."