Chapter 8

Shawn Carter,

"There that smile is. I haven't seen it ever since I been here. What's going on with that?" I asked.

She shyly shrugged.

"Well, I'm glad I could finally see it before I left. Come here." I said with arms out. "Come give me a hug."

She slowly crawled over to me, then wrapped her arms around my neck and burying her face in. I kissed her cheek, which smelled like rose lotion.

"Daddy," She began to break down, I looked at her deep into her tear-filled eyes and she said, "Please don't leave us, again."

My heart shattered into a million fucking pieces.

——

I didn't really know what to say. I was lost for words and I wasn't expecting to say that. I wrapped my arms around her a little tighter though, then kissed her forehead again.

"Daddy's not going anywhere." I told her. "My main goal right now is to get back around you and your sister so you can see me every day, okay?"

She nodded, wiping her tears.

"I gotta go back to Houston for a big meeting this week, but I'll be back Friday. I'll be here once you get out of school, okay?"

"Okay." She said holding me a little tighter.

I don't know. That moment had a nigga going through every emotion, but I needed to get home, get through this week of business and get back to my girls. I need to talk things over with Bey as well cause looks like I'mma have to move back to LA to fix this relationship my daughter.

Might just take a two weeks off of work to dedicate my time to them fully.

"Here, hold up. Let me go talk to your Mama real quick."

She moved to the side to finally look at her clothes. I stood up to fix my clothes. Then Suri grabbed my hand, "Come on, Daddy! I'll take you to her."

She guided me upstairs to the closed bedroom door. Suri, then knocked softly until Lori came.

"Yes?"

"You gotta minute time talk before I go?"

"Uh yeah, I guess. In private?"

"Yeah, possibly."

She opened the door wider. Suri ran in and hopped on the bed to start jumping. I chuckled taking a seat on the bench by the bed. I didn't realize Lori was wrapped in a towel with her hair in a messy bun until I sat down.

I began recording Suri jumping though.

"Sit down." I laughed.

"Daddy, I like to jump on the bed."

"I know, I see. You gonna break ya neck too." I grinned. "Sit down."

"Sit down!" Lori said again. "Thank you! And go out and let me talk to Daddy, please."

"Okay, bye." She said before running out.