Chapter 7

Beyoncé,

I looked over my laptop at Shawn coming out the bathroom in his boxer briefs, print somewhat visible. He was rubbing the the towel through his wet hair trying to dry it a little quicker.

"Hey baby," He said tossing it in the hamper.

"Hey, wassup?" I spoke.

"Nothing. Whatchu up to?" He asked.

"Checking emails." I told him. "What are you up to today?"

"I guess I'mma try to go see the girls again. Suri, at least, before we head back home." He said. "What are you gonna do today? Yacht?"

I laughed, "No, I wanted to do some shopping, but I want my husband to go with me so he can spend a bag on his wife instead his wife swiping her card."

He chuckled, kissing my thighs.

"Aight, well you let me see if your husband can get one or both of the girls and he can just take everybody shopping today."

"Okay." I said.

He watched him pull up Lori's contact while caressing my thigh with the other hand. He placed it on speaker phone, it rang four times before someone picked up.

"Hello." We heard.

"Hey." Shawn spoke.

"Hey, this is Morgan. Wassup?" She said.

"Uh nothing. Me and the wife are leaving later on tonight and we wanted to see if the girls wanted to come with us to do a little shopping and get something to eat."

"Uh, I don't see why not." She said. "Lori is with Shai right now. I'll go see if she's able to to talk or I can tell her to call you back."

"It doesn't matter. How is she today?"

"Mama just told me she in the middle of an episode at the moment so I'm sure that is what Lori is tending to. Hold on."

He blew his lips, while glancing at me.

We waited.

"Hey, it's Shawn." We heard her say. "Here you go!"

"What is it, Shawn?" She asked.

"Aye, I was just tryna see if I could take the girls shopping today before we leave tonight?" I asked.

"I mean...yeah, I guess. Suri might go." She said. "I don't know about Shai."

"Will you ask her, please?" I asked.

We heard sighed softly, I rolled my eyes as Shawn shook his head.

"Hey, Dad is going shopping with B today. He wanted to see if you wanted to go. You wanna go?"

She spoke softly in the background, but we couldn't make it out.

"She said she didn't want to go if I wasn't going, so you can take Suri. She's expensive, but I'm sure she'll make your time worthwhile."

"Well I really want her to come." He said. "Y'all can come of it'll make her feel better."

"Can you just take Suri?"

"Naw, you can come with them and I can take both." He said annoyed.

"Look, I'm not arguing with you about to do with my daughters. This arguing and putting pressure on her to do something she doesn't want is what causes her to have an attack, Shawn. But you wouldn't know that shit because the streets and your wife come before your fucking kids."