Chapter 4

Shawn Carter,

For the first time in five years, we are in Los Angeles to see the girls.

After speaking with Lori and her mother for about an hour a couple days ago, we made the decision of allowing me to come and see the girls, only if I told them why I had to leave in the first place.

I personally feel they don't need to know because it never concerned them. I was not being able to see the girls was before that even happened so why does it matter. I'm going to try and work my way around telling them though. That's not why I'm here.

"Nephew, getcho big ass off me. Damn." I grunted. "Why yo fat ass ain't at school?"

"Cause I got a sore throat." He said. "Look!"

I almost threw this nigga against the wall when he start coughing and gagging in my face.

"NIGGA." I yelled.

"BENTLEY. GET OUT!" Dria yelled.

"I was just playing, Uncle Shawn. Dang."

"Ion care, nigga." I chuckled. "The first time I get sick or my throat hurt, you gone wake up dead."

"MAMAAAAAA." He whined going to hug her.

"Aht, don't call your Mama now. You den fucked up now lil nigga."

"Bentley, did you clean up that room like I asked? I told you I'm having company over in a few." She said.

"Huh?"

"It's funny how you go deaf every time I repeat something. I know you haven't done it. That's why I asked. Go clean it." She pointed.

"Mama, I got tell you something." He said.

"What?" She said.

He just looked, "I love you." He said.

"Yeah, Mhmm. I love you too. Go clean that room." She nodded, he walked off. "God, he makes my head fucking hurt. Shawn?"

"Huh?"

"Do you see your wife right now?"

"Nah, what she doing?"

"She's somewhere where I need to be." She said flashing her phone at me.

I leaned forward.

"She's on a yacht with the girls in the middle of the ocean." She said.

"Oh." I chuckled. "She been hollering bout getting on one for the past week. I'm glad I could get her out here. I'mma let her stay out there for however long she want."

"Is she gonna come when Lori brings the kids?"

"I would imagine so. She hasn't met Suri in person and I know she wants to see Shai. So yeah, hopefully. I don't wanna be here by myself anyway."

"I'll be here."

"Still. You know she's bringing her family." I told her.

"Yeah." She mumbled. "It'll be fine either way. I got the food to be here by 6:45ish. They're planning to be here at 7."

"Why you plan a damn dinner? I just wanna see my daughters."

"Shut the fuck up. You haven't seen the people in five years. Fuck they look like coming up in here with having a proper greeting and reason as to why you left. You just make sure you're dressed and ready before they get here. Goddamn."

"I'm just saying." I mumbled. "I get it but damn."

"Do you wanna see them or not?"

"Yeah, I do."