Ch22

Published 8/13/2020

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, Huh?" the invisible girl asked in the front.

"That's right. And here are the totals for those with offers." Aizawa hit a button on his remote and names began to appear on the board.

I was shocked to see my name at number one. I didn't even participate in the other matches! Wouldn't they want someone with a more controllable quirk?

Class A No. of Offers
Galveston: 4666
Todoroki: 4123
Bakugo: 3556
Tokoyami: 360
Iida: 301
Kaminari: 272
Yaoyorozu: 108
Hiroshima: 68
Uraraka: 20
Sero: 14

"In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these 3 this year."

Why didn't midoriya get any? From what I saw on tv he did amazing! His quirk was incredible. I shook my head.

(no no no! I have to remember my only goal in life is the death of that man. Friends come later)

" Keeping these results in mind, whether or not anyone asked for you, you will all be participating in internships with pros." Great, just what I need. I'm gonna have to follow a hero around like a dog.

"At USJ, you already got to experience combat with real villains, but it will still be meaningful training for you to see pros at work firsthand."

"Well, those hero names are still temporary, but if you're not serious about it...... "

The classroom door slammed open "you'll have hell to pay later!" Midnight's annoying voice exclaimed from the doorway.

"Because a lot of hero names used by students become recognized by society, and they end up becoming professional hero names!" did she really have to walk in here like that? Doesn't she know these guys can't control themselves?

I sighed and just zoned out until it was my time. I already had a name in mind. Whenever I was home and wasn't really doing anything, I would sit and think of hero names.

If I chose a stupid name now I couldn't change it in the future. I would be stuck with it for the rest of my life.

But now my life was 3 years. I could really care less now what I'm called.

A whiteboard was handed to me along with a marker. Quickly I wrote down my idea.

We were given a few minutes to start writing our names.

" OK, let's start presenting names starting with those who are ready." Aizawa was passed out in his sleeping bag letting Midnight take over.

A couple of students went before me before I decided to just get on with it.

I stood up from my seat. Might as well get this over with.

All eyes were trained on me as I made my way to the front of the classroom. My whiteboard clutched in my hands.

Once I was behind the desk and in front of everyone, I turned my board to everyone. "Storm Hero: Typhoon" my voice echoed throughout the silent room.

"oh my! That's perfect for you! It sounds so powerful" Midnight gushed at me. I guess there were no hard feelings between us. I handed her my board before walking away.

My classmates smiled at me happily and cheered as I made my way back to my seat.

The rest of the class soon started to present their names. They were interesting, to say the least.

Bakugo kept trying and failing at his hero name. But it didn't surprise me. Kind Explosion Murder? Really?

It was amusing watching him get rejected over and over again. He was the only one having a hard time trying to get a name. Such an angry puppy.